Poll: How old are you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Average age of an I300 owner

Please help satisfy a number of members as to the average age of an I300 user. Also if you feel like it, please post your profession to help get a better picture of what type of people use this device.

Thanks

Being over 41, I find it less than interesting that you lump everyone like me in the same bucket.

You obviously are under 41. Just you wait!

Administrator

Arrow

i will be 30 on may 24th this year.

i am a music producer, have had my own established studio since 1994 and have been producing music since the late '80's. I have had some success with a couple of established artists and get some kick backs from my publishing company thru ASCAP.

I am also a video photographer for a FOX afflilate in cincinnati. I am also a film cameraman and steadicam Operator/Assist. I have done some film/video projects for different companies/unsigned artists over the years.

Audio/Video is my bag and technical stuff relating to those fields (but i still cant get that blasted jakes logo hack to work for me... )

im not the typical wall street type but i do enjoy gadgets.

whos next?

28 years old, Information Technology Director and Web Development Consultant on the side....

interests are technology, fast cars and watersports....<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Communications and Imaging Sales Representative at CompUSA

I am 23, also working toward a degree in Education, physics Minor
    Gamefixx.com, A hardcore membership can save you big money

Occupation

I am a police officer.

38 Today. Commercial Real Estate Consultant. Early adopter of most technology items that have even minimal use In fact, I was one of the first few hundred people to own a Palm Pilot way back when.

Even with all its drawbacks with respect to memory, etc. I am a bigger fan of the Pocket PC platform... I don't get the MS bashing...makes no sense to me, but then again, I am not a software developer or a competitor.

I love the i300 and the developer support for Palm OS is great The i300 was the impetus to get me to switch to Sprint after 15 years with AT&T (formerly Cellular 1). Only complaint about i300 is that I can't see the screen in even moderate sunlight .
    Last edited by SuperChicken; 04-06-2002 at 07:48 AM.

Cool

wow....I must be the old fart here...... 53 goin on 54. I'm a Project Manager / Principal Systems Engineer for Titan Systems - Baltimore. We do IV&V on large gov't IT projects (IV&V = Independent Validation & Verification). Also work partime for an outdoor outfitter selling climbing and backpacking gear, and teach climbing seminars.
    But more germaine here - I am a major tech freak!!!!!!!....LOVE THIS STUFF. I frequent several technology forums online for my car, phone (duh), sound gear/home theatre, puter, bicycles (race mountain bikes occasionally), adventure racing.......yada yada yada. Oh, and was a moderator in one of biggest chat rooms on the net but gave that up (was spendin Waaaayyyyy too much time online.
    Good thread - always interesting what ppl do.................
    :p

(Click a sponser today!)
    Sorry Pete, I think I have "crusty" priveleges on this board. I'm forty-sixteen years old. (You know: forty-eight; forty-nine; forty-ten; forty-eleven...). I promise not to use the phrase "Why in my day, we..."

Architect: Residential, Office, Commercial, Industrial.

Palm user for a couple of years (How did I live without one?) but the I300 is my first cell phone. PDA use = 90%, Phone use = 10%.

Time out for a thanks to everyone on this forum, moderators and users alike, whose advice and knowledge have been invaluable to an "old geezer" like me. Why in my day, we... - oops!
    Gary

My turn!! I come in at 24, a good chin, and a 78" reach. I enjoy rollerblading, theatre, and reading, and I'm looking for a woman that.....:p I'm in residential sales downtown Chicago everyone. I've been fiddling with rehab work for the past 6 months and am considering redirecting my career to interior architecture.

Great board. Thanks everyone.

----------------------
    I edited the poll to add a couple more options.
    Last edited by mjorange; 04-06-2002 at 02:03 PM.

age is how old you think you are

I guess I win the prize so far, as the only one who voted in the over 61 category.
    I am an Insurance Agent and involved with automation within the insurance industry, serving on the board of a major Standards setting organization as well as a few other boards.
    Have hd two Palms prior to the1300 and love technology
    michaelb92

Administrator

Arrow

MJ 24?!?!?! dang.. thought you were older than that.. you have a good job there!im hoping to maybe move to chicago as my finace is from there.. born and rasied! we are also planning to get married in chicago next year, june 14th 2003!its the event of the year! Michael jordan asked to come speak at the event but all eyes are on the lady of honor!

sounds like I'm in the middle of everything - 30 somethin (34), married and have 2 daughters (2 and 4).

vp of tech for international project management consulting firm. Clients in hi-tech, construction (A,E & C companies), retail, IT depts of fortune 500 companies, oil/ petrochem, telecom, others. Based in san diego, work all over the world.

Early adopter of the orig palm phone by qualcomm. Sold it on ebay after 5 weeks - lost a couple hundred $$. Ecstatic when I saw the i300 during a casual browse in CompUSA - someone finally got the phone/palm combo right!

'Not one to immediately endorse new gadgets - but definitely capable of seeing value in those that really are best in class!
    Cliff

Well I know myself, my girlfriend, and my 300 are on the guest list Marc.

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by mjorange
    Well I know myself, my girlfriend, and my 300 are on the guest list Marc.
    PM me your mailing address and ill send ya an invatation.. hmm.. wonder if youll change girlfriends by then...

Well, i've been reaping the +'s of this board for about 6-7 weeks, so I guess nows the time to talk. I just turned 28 (Apr Fools Day), and I am a officer in the USAF. I am an Acquisition Program Manager. Married with 2 kids (son 4 daughter 9) and live in NC until August when I go to San Antonio TX. Not much elso to say but thanks for all of the usefull help. Bye...

welcome spote !!!.........

hmm.. wonder if youll change girlfriends by then...
    Good point. Well, I'm certain I won't be bringing the 300! Maybe I'll bring it for ol' times sake!:p
    ----------------
    What are you trying to get me in trouble Marc? She visits the board sometimes

In the similar words of one of my bretheren, "I love my I300 and my girlfriend. Just don't make me choose"!
    Last edited by mjorange; 04-07-2002 at 02:43 PM.

Originally posted by abward
    Being over 41, I find it less than interesting that you lump everyone like me in the same bucket.

You obviously are under 41. Just you wait!
    Funny how life works... I'm turning 50 this year, so I was happy to be included in the 41-50 group. If you do change the age ranges, I vote for the 35-60 group!!

The Man

years old, married with a 2 year old son, living in Fresno. I am a fundraising executive with a national voluntary health organization. I usually can't get the latest thing unless I can "justify" it - it makes things easier at home. But, when the I300 came out I happened to have a 2 year old Startac and a 2 year old Vx so it was time for an upgrade. The I300 was the only reason I switched to Sprint PCS - I am long time Airtouch / Verizon guy. The Sprint PCS service hasn't been intolerable, but I find that I do not have the coverage that I had with Verizon. Lucky I don't roam analog too much.

Great thread - I too thought Mjorange was in his forties...

KLM