Poll: What's your take on things?

+ Reply to Thread

How do you like your 5050?

Ok, so I just figured I would try posting a poll... not really sure how this will go, but I figured why not. For me I am sick of my PPC... I still really like Bell, but I don't like Audiovox so much... I really really wish the 5050 lived up to it's hype (or even it's specifications)... but who knows, maybe I just expect too much....

Let's see what everyone as to say (or not)

I have never had a problem with my 5050. The colors are bright and very readable, movies look great in windows media, I haven't had any problems with email, my internet works great, my only complaint would be the battery. I don't like that they have made it un-removable. At least the 6600 has a removable battery.

Have had mine for almost a year. Not bad, phone is a little wonkie, have to hit the buttons 2 or 3 times sometimes (soft or hard) to answer or hangup. Hate the earbud, terrible voice reception on the mic and really can't find a good replacement (bought 4). As a package phone and PDA probably can't be beat, but I HATE the battery. Might get 9 or 10 calls and some minor PDA useage before the low battery nag starts.

I suspect the battery was killed in the store by looky lou's considering buying but not sure and can't return it to have the batterly looked at because one day I dropped it inside my car and nearly snapped the little antenna knob off, (actually broke the stylus inside the unit) so I had to loosen the screws on the back to remove the stylus and fix the antenna. I gather this voids the warranty.

Doubt I would buy it again though.

I've had it for a year until I upgraded to 6600. It's a pretty good device. My only complaint is stated as above. At times, I had to push the hard button to end some calls. I was thinking that it could be a software issue as the 6600 has the Second Edition MS Phone Edition 2003 and the same problem does not appear here. I could be wrong, but that's one big difference betweenthe 2 devices.
    PPC6600 with Jabra BT800
    Bell Mobility