View Poll Results: Are negative members bad for this board?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • No

0 0%
  • Yes

11 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread

What do you think?

OK, there has been so much discussion about negative members, you know, those who flame new members and others for asking questions that could be answered by searching, that I thought I would post a poll. So, I am curious to find out what the members of this board think.

Q. Are negative members bad for the boards, or are they a good influence and help keep the boards uncluttered?

For the life of me, I can't see what possible satisfaction someone could get from belittling another member rather than just passing over their uneducated post altogether.

Personally, it doesn’t really bother me though. The reason I have so few posts to my credit is that my questions have, for the most part, been answered by using the search function (as it was intended.) I do appreciate those who share their knowledge. I have learned a great deal here.

What do you think??

OA

I'd like to vote but I'm trying to figure out what a "Yes" or "No" would mean in the poll.

The question is...

The question at the top of the poll is

"Are negative members bad for this board?" Yes, or No.

Can't we all just get along! Look not even counting the "you could've or should've used the search" answer, there is other negativity abounding too. Just read some of the other topics in this forum to find out who. It's probably just a part of people's nature, and if you disagree, ignore.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

My Bluetooth is built in!
    What kind of passive agressive crap is this? If you have a problem with someone take it up with them. You dont need to attempt to hide your opinion behind the votes in a poll.

If you ask a silly question, ask a question that has been addressed before or have such poor communication skills that you are unintelligible then some people are going to be short with you. New members can attempt to minimize this by using the search function, lurking more then posting and asking themselves before they post 'is this really a question I cant answer anyother way?'

If someone is rude to you stand up for yourself. You will see that 9/10 times if you are being unfairly attacked the other members of the board will stand up for you. If they dont you might ask yourself why that is?

If you are seeing personal attacks, obscenities or threats then we have 10 moderators on this forum who can deal with it.
    Last edited by BryanHarig; 05-13-2005 at 08:15 PM.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Without a clear definition of 'negative', this poll has no meaning. Should the person who turns on the light, only to see the roaches scamper, be considered 'negative' by them? Just to draw an analogy.

Since your 'poll' isn't dealing specifically with the treatment of newbies, neither is my analogy.

Originally posted by Jazz2000
    The question at the top of the poll is

"Are negative members bad for this board?" Yes, or No.

Its bad, but so is asking the same question over and over.
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Not to be rude, but what would a poll exactly accomplish? What would you do with the data? Every time I want to sit down to dinner some @!#$% calls me with a survey... Look, you're essentially begging for a selecton bias here...scorched posters are more likey to respond to the survey... ... I'm a newbie and I am quite sure that the BULK (if not all )of MY questions/posts in these forums have been "idiotic" and I've had my fare share of IED's thrown in my direction...But for the most part, I've gotten very valuable info here. In a word...not a problem...
    Samsung i760

What's a "negative member?"

Originally posted by Kupe
    What's a "negative member?"
    "...you know, those who flame new members and others for asking questions that could be answered by searching..."