Poll: Which Map application would you buy - and why?

+ Reply to Thread

GPS Mapping Software: Which one would you recommend?

Was wondering if you all would pipe in on your ideas.

I did not include Tom Tom because it only comes with a GPS device, which I own, cant buy just the software from what I saw.

I did not include Mapopolis because the voice on it is terrible. I was able to download and try it out before buying.

The remaining two, Destinator and IGuidiance, dont offer downloadable trial versions. I think that is sad. I am reluctant to buy them for that very reason alone.

So, I wanted to know your thoughts.
    -rp-

~I760~
    (retired I700,XV6600,I730)

Re: GPS Mapping Software: Which one would you recommend?

Originally posted by RCPerkinsJR
    Was wondering if you all would pipe in on your ideas.

I did not include Tom Tom because it only comes with a GPS device, which I own, cant buy just the software from what I saw.

I did not include Mapopolis because the voice on it is terrible. I was able to download and try it out before buying.

The remaining two, Destinator and IGuidiance, dont offer downloadable trial versions. I think that is sad. I am reluctant to buy them for that very reason alone.

So, I wanted to know your thoughts.
    Hello to you RCPerkinsJR,

It might help to know for which country you are looking for.

Some of those Mapping software are pretty week in map coverage, specially for Canada.

Personally, I have been using Ostia (Pharosgps.com) for over 2 years and like their coverage in Canada which is where I mainly used it for work. Upgrades are also affordable @ $49US per year.

It will work with any standard GPS (Used it with Pharos wired GPS and switched to a BT338 Bluetooth GPS 2 weeks ago).

Best regards from Montreal, Canada

frenchnew
    Audiovox PPC-6600
    Bell Mobility
    2005 Acura TL - HFL works fine with the PPC-6600

I live and travel through out the US. Sorry for that small oversite of information.
    -rp-

~I760~
    (retired I700,XV6600,I730)

Originally posted by RCPerkinsJR
    I live and travel through out the US. Sorry for that small oversite of information.
    May I suggest that you visit www.gpspassion.com they have forums that talks about all aspects of GPS (Hardware, Software) that should provide you with more anwers than questions.

Best of luck in your quest

frenchnew
    Audiovox PPC-6600
    Bell Mobility
    2005 Acura TL - HFL works fine with the PPC-6600

It requires a Garmin GPS-10, but Garmin iQUE with City Select maps is excellent.

You should probably also list TomTom. It is very popular

Alan

Does anybody know if Navigator software is supported on the 6515, I am trying to use it but for some resong it is not working well with the internal GPS, once it sais found GPS, it start aquiring sat's but then loses the connection to the GPS.
    Thanks