Poll: how often do you do a reset

+ Reply to Thread

how often do you do a reset (hard or soft)

Hi, find myself doing a soft reset about 1 once every 2 days. anyone else having to do this or is it just me?
    take care
    sam

Yesterday I hard reset 13 times (a new personal record!). I was trying various Bluetooth stacks and ROM versions trying to figure out what works best with BT800 and HS850 headsets when the phone comes out of "sleep" mode. I haven't found anything, or combination of anything, that works well and don't think I will. If it wasn't for this one glaring problem, I'd be happy with the device

I soft reset every two weeks just to clean up memory. I think a soft reset every so often is simply good maintainance.
    Dewaine James
    http://webpages.charter.net/jamesplace
    http://dewaine.blogspot.com

I'd say on average, maybe twice a week. With my current config, I usually have to soft-reset to use TomTom and DreamQuest Spades; everything else is dreamy.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Usually for me it's about once a day. Some days are worse than others....

Hopefully when I do the ROM upgrade it might take care of some of the instability.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Once a day, but its because sprite backup resets the device after backup.

I soft reset once a day........ clean and flush the system
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

2-3 times a day because it locks up.

Getting a little annoying. Anyone have any idea why it locks up?

once a day, and always at the worst time, like when I'm receiving a phone call, or need to take down someone's phone number.

You ever dial someone, put the phone to your ear, and someone happens to dial you at the same time, and get a nice ear piercing ring in your ear as your phone starts to ring, happens weekly to me.

Optimizing PPC Efficiency

I soft reset every 1-3 days. What is just as important is: 1) cleaning my browser (deleting temporary files, cleaning history and cookies); and 2) making sure that there are not other programs running in the background. I find that by doing this, it makes the device far less sluggish and in need of a reboot.

Are there any other steps anybody would recommend to clean the crap out of the PPC and make it more efficient? In a separate, but realted question, is there good software that will do all this and more in one shot (e.g., I use Webroot Window Washer along with Spy Sweeper for my laptop and they do a fantastic job of cleaning/keeping out garbage I can't find)?
    Last edited by zylix; 09-30-2005 at 08:45 AM.