Poll: How did you solve the BT and WIFI problem?

+ Reply to Thread

No Bluetooth Hardware Installed on this device

I continue to struggle starting both BT and WIFI on my phone when I have Pocket Plus and Pocket Phone Zen on my today screen and I consider these to be required plugins (I also use Wireless Sync which adds additional dlls to mix). I used Equus's solution first (but did not have BT on my computer to activesync with) and it worked for a couple weeks before BT and WIFI started acting up. I know the problem is caused by VZW's modifications to the WIFI and BT because when I had SD rcd.dll installed they worked very consistantly but the hardware phone buttons were so flaky, I finally went back. I know many peope are using pocket plus and other today screen plugin but it does not sound like everyone is still have as much trouble with BT and WIFI as I do.

I bought a BT adapter for my computer and am considering trying Equus's solution again but I want to understand how others have dealt with this problem before doing my 4th hard reset.

Equus is your solution still working for you? (do you use WS)
    SD any word on an updated rcd.dll?
    Last edited by Sundevil; 08-15-2005 at 04:42 PM.

WS? WiseBar?

For me Sundevil, when I get this error I disable Voice Command, then the error goes away. I can then turn it on/off, and reenable VC.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I need to to take Pocket Plus and Pocket Zen off my screen and reset, which is unacceptable. I am waiting to see if SD updates the WIFI dll which seemed to solve my problems before I Hard Reset and try Equus's instructions again. I am more concerned about the BT because I want to use my BT GPS.

mwfielder are you using Wireless Sync?

Oh! WS=Wireless Sync. No, I actually uninstalled it.

I agree---what you have to do is unacceptable, and shouldn't be eating that much space.

Question Unable to reactive bluetooth

I've reviewed this thread, and am still having difficulties. After some troublesome issues, I reset my device to "original" settings, but now when I try to reset up my Bluetooth headset, and go the Bluetooth program, I receive the error message "There is no bluetooth hardware installed on this device."

Per the thread, I uninstalled Voice Command (I didn't know how to disable it), and did a soft reboot... I'm receiving the same error. I do have Pocket Plus installed, but haven't yet uninstalled that.

Any ideas on what I should try next?

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    I'm having trouble understanding why this poll was moved out of the i730 forum -- the problem being talked about here is i730 specific and of interest to anyone who uses bluetooth ONLY on the i730.

I'm very interested in this discussion and I'm sure many other i730 users will also want to follow it, but won't even know it is here in the obscure "general stuff/polls" forum. This isn't a "general stuff" discussion. It is a discussion that is specific ONLY to the i730 and I think it should be moved back to the i730 forum.
    The only constant is change.

Jim,
    I am actually getting the same error on my PPC6700....

No Bth hardware installed

I've uninstalled Voice Command, Pocketplus and am still having the same problems. Does anyone have an idea I can try next?

I am now running into the same problem.

My Today Screen Plug In's:
    >the latest beta of PhoneAlarm (1.3)
    >WisBar Advanced 2 (.20) (not really a Today Screen plug in but the net is the same on the system preformance)
    >latest versions of PocketBreeze
    >iLauncher
    >Pocket Weather
    >PhoneHelper

Hack's
    >SD dial parser
    >SD phone + wifi

Not Installed
    >Voice Command has never been installed
    >Wireless Sync has been uninstalled.

I use MemMaid to relocate any dll's which can be safely relocated from Main Memory to SD.

This is largely the way I have had my i730 configured for some time and I am only now running into this problem. Any thoughts.

Thanks

John
    My Road to Convergence: Casio E105, IPAQ 3630, Samsung i600, Samsung i730, Motorola Q & Q9c, Samsung i770

HELP "There is no bluetooth devices installed"!!!

As stated in this thread, it's just the amt. of memory the .dll's are running.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCapraro
    I'm having trouble understanding why this poll was moved out of the i730 forum -- the problem being talked about here is i730 specific and of interest to anyone who uses bluetooth ONLY on the i730.

I'm very interested in this discussion and I'm sure many other i730 users will also want to follow it, but won't even know it is here in the obscure "general stuff/polls" forum. This isn't a "general stuff" discussion. It is a discussion that is specific ONLY to the i730 and I think it should be moved back to the i730 forum.
    Jim,

I am also having a hard time with this.
    I quess becuse it is a Poll?

But as you stated, When I am looking for information I dont say hey I am looking for a pool so I will go to the poll forum.

To me, they are using the category of Poll for the wrong reason.
    This pool needs to be in the foum where it is in the contxt of.........i730.