Poll: Were you billed more for EVDO than Vision

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Were you billed more for EVDO than base Vision?

Please select your situation after your next billing cycle. By extra charges, I mean extra data usage charge only, not talking about other misc charges. Please only vote after your next billing cycle and if you have a Sprint EVDO smartphone.

- I have Vision and WAS NOT billed extra charges

You have the $10-$20 Vision plan and have not been billed extra data usage charges.

- I have Vision and WAS billed for extra charges

You have the $10-$20 Vision plan and have been billed for extra data usage beyond $20.

If you were charged extra data usage, please post if you are tethered or not, using DUN to a laptop. Or whatever your situation is. If up for it, please discuss your charges.

- I'm paying the $40-$60/month EVDO rate for laptop cards

You have a smartphone (ie 6700) and are using the laptop plan.

- I have no data plan and am billed by megabyte

You do not have Vision and pay per megabyte data usage.

- I have no data plan and was not billed for data

You do not have Vision, are able to use data but haven't been billed for data.

Last edited by xenophon; 10-04-2005 at 11:24 PM.

I won't vote yet because my billing cycle ends on 10/3, but I just called customer service, and there are no extra charges of any sort on my account. I've had the 6700 since the first week it was released, and I have the Vision Premium Pack that was included for free with my 2000 minute plan.

I just got a bill with my 6700 on it...... and no vision listed at all........ odd. BUt I have been using EVDO every single day.
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Re: Were you billed more for EVDO than base Vision?

Originally posted by xenophon
    Please select your situation after your next billing cycle. Please only vote after your next billing cylce and if you have an EVDO smartphone.
    This is the first poll I've been involved with where the instructions were NOT to vote!

So far 1 has been charged extra, 8 have not.

The one who has been charged extra, are you doing DUN to a laptop?

Also, to those that didn't upgrade their Vision plan to the new Power Vision plan, are you being charged extra. It was my understanding that Sprint has the EVDO network wide open right now while they are testing, but once it goes live, only those that have the new Power Vision plans will be able to log on because there will be a seperate Power Vision login (which is behind the scenes and we won't see), just like Vision had a login. The only way to get that EVDO login will be to add Power Vision to your account and it will create the 2nd login.

Disclaimer: This was here say, 3rd party info and I can no vouch for its accuracy at all. Thought it was interesting though. Would explain why the several who didn't have any upgrades done are getting EVDO right now.

Originally posted by DoverGeek
    The only way to get that EVDO login will be to add Power Vision to your account and it will create the 2nd login.

Disclaimer: This was here say, 3rd party info and I can no vouch for its accuracy at all. Thought it was interesting though. Would explain why the several who didn't have any upgrades done are getting EVDO right now.
    Nope, sprint has no way to determine the difference between evdo and 1xrtt, data is data. They are implementing changes that will allow them to determine if people are tethering, and tethering users WILL be charged more. However it's still debatable if the 6700 will ever have that ability added to it. Mainly, new phones will not be a good idea to use by tethering people (this is in the works!).

I got my bill cycle completed on the 27th, no extra charges (though they did finally charge me for shipping and tax which they did not do when I ordered it!).

Four people showing extra charges. Please explain if you were tethered or doing bluetooth DUN to laptop.

Six people now showing extra charges, or 25%. Anyone have an explanation? Is it how you setup your account?

It's probably people who had $10 Vision who upgraded to $15 Power Vision (considering that "extra charges"). Point is, if you have a Vision plan there is no way you should be incurring casual data charges. If you are, Sprint screwed something up and will credit you.

Dan

Could be. Would be nice if those who selected Option 2 would post their situation.

This is just tentative, but there is extra charges of $800+ on there. My billing cycle closed on the 30th, but I dont have access to my newest invoice yet. If I do the math, it appears that the $800+ would be for last month's bill, this month's bill, & the 6700. Last month, there was a credit for the 6700 so it never charged my normal credit card. I also added a phone line a couple days after I got my 6700. Hopefully I can get to my invoice soon to be of more help. Btw: I have the grandfathered Vision and did not change it.

I have a consumer account with $10 vision plan. After reading this thread, I called sprint and asked them specifically if there were data charges on my account. I've been using EVDO daily with some DUNS on my laptop. They said no, I have no charges so far.
    My cycle ends on the 21st so I was quite worried that I would get a huge bill. The rep said that I would not get any data charges since I have an unlimited plan. I told her to write that as a note in my account. She said she did and if any charges do occur, they would be removed.

Originally posted by luv2chill
    It's probably people who had $10 Vision who upgraded to $15 Power Vision (considering that "extra charges"). Point is, if you have a Vision plan there is no way you should be incurring casual data charges. If you are, Sprint screwed something up and will credit you.

Dan
    Couldn't have said it better myself, folks, keep in mind a LOT of you that THINK you are being overcharged might just be seeing the cost of the phone billed to your account. Because of how it works, they credit your account from your credit card, don't charge you for your normal cell phone bill because of the credit, charge you for the phone, then send you a double size bill or so... It seems weird but if you stop and think it all makes since.

Originally posted by onceler
    ...My billing cycle closed on the 30th, but I dont have access to my newest invoice yet. .... Hopefully I can get to my invoice soon to be of more help. Btw: I have the grandfathered Vision and did not change it.
    logon to your acct on sprintpcs.com. Your invoice should be available to see online by tonight or tomrrow morning

...My billing cycle closed on the 30th, but I dont have access to my newest invoice yet. .... Hopefully I can get to my invoice soon to be of more help. Btw: I have the grandfathered Vision and did not change it.
    logon to your acct on sprintpcs.com. Your invoice should be available to see online by tonight or tomrrow morning

Originally posted by winger
    i've been checking it since this thread started. I went from -$500 or so to $800+ owed yesterday to $900+ or so this evening. however, the pdf invoice is not yet available.

View bill online

I think my first bill just closed, not sure. I logged in and can't view any details, but on the summary/main screen the total listed is $62.83. I have the $49.99/300 min unlimited Night/Weekends + Free incoming plan plus unlimited data. At least, that's what they told me they set me up on. I have not used my device from a laptop (yet), but have used EDVO/1x alot!

i've been checking it since this thread started. I went from -$500 or so to $800+ owed yesterday to $900+ or so this evening. however, the pdf invoice is not yet available.

Do you have a Vision plan or no data plan? Are you doing DUN to laptop? What are your usage habits if you don't mind describing?

keep us posted!

BTW, guys, back in May or so, Sprint's billing system had a hangover and started charging ppl w/ unlimited Vision plans (at least some of us) by the kb usage. Man I had over 300MB usage that was charged...took them a few weeks to finally fix the issue. Maybe another inadvetent goofup again on the billing system end?