View Poll Results: Who here uses the Wireless Sync feature?

Voters
94. This poll is closed
  • Yes I use it frequently

53 56.38%
  • No, I found it useless

32 34.04%
  • Dont know how to set it up

9 9.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar

who here actually uses verizon's wireless sync?

just trying to get a feed back

I'm not sure the poll is working since I chose one that still shows no votes for it.

How is it with battery life, I was just using regualar sync and I quit that really fast cause it was killing my battery.

just started using it but i have set it so i have to push the sync button for it to sync instead of it always auto syncing

tcv
    I need to read up on it. As I understand it, it wouldn't be of much use to me...?

works great for me... not sure how badly it effects my battery life... but techniclly it should be better then if you are using regular sync every 5 min or whatever

I Use it for work email and calendar

I have been using it for sync'ing with Lotus Notes email and calendar since I got the phone. I run the monitoring software on one of my computers at work and it generally works pretty well.

Granted, I am in an area where I usually have EVDO coverage so it doesn't hammer the battery life too bad and I can still get incomming calls.

I use it regularly, and it works well. I have had some problems with the PC Monitor program that runs on the desktop to synchronize Exchange Server with the Verizon website. I described the solution to one of these problems on another thread on this website. I have discovered another problem that Verizon/Intellisync admits exists and are supposedly working to correct. This problem is that the PC Monitor program stops syncing with the website if it gets three authentication errors in a row. Periodically, the Verizon website gets screwed up and refuses to authenticate for a while; if your PC Monitor program happens to be trying to sync during that period, it will shut down and the only way to fix it is to go back to your PC and restart it, which is a little difficult to do when you're out of town...

I have used it since I got the i730-- I used it with my i600 before that. I don't use the PC monitor. I use VZW's Wireless Sync PIM Web site.

Q Junkie
    I use it exclusively. Email, contacts, calendar & notes with Outlook 2002 (XP). Flawless so far.

Originally posted by scottb
    I have used it since I got the i730-- I used it with my i600 before that. I don't use the PC monitor. I use VZW's Wireless Sync PIM Web site.
    Same here. I used it with my i700 before. It has been flawless. There are a few features that would be nice. You can't change an individual instance of a repeating appointment on the web pim and the printing of calendars from the web pim is pretty lame. And I would like to be able to lengthen the days that email stays on the wireless sync site.

But other than that, it has been terrific to use.

I sort-of use it. I have Intellisync deployed at my company, which is the same software....

I think it works great... the push feature works flawlessly for me... i get the email sent to my PDA instantly after recieveing it on my computer...

Yep, use it every single day. Works fine for me most of the time. Once in a while it seems to forget my password, but not too often.
    Michael Hampton

Yes, I really like it as well. It seems to be a real battery killer syncing every 15 minutes, sure wish VZW did not disable customizing the time. Otherwise, it is like the 'Ronco Rotisserie' oven, 'Set and Forget it!'

Originally posted by MHampton
    Yep, use it every single day. Works fine for me most of the time. Once in a while it seems to forget my password, but not too often.
    Yes, the password thing gets a little annoying at times.

I use it and like it but agree with the other posters that if you get or send a lot of e-mails, are synching calendar and tasks and make frequent changes, the PUSH feature hammers your battery. I usually just sync once an hour or so and if I'm at my desk, I leave my i730 charging with PUSH enabled so it's updated when I grab it to go off somewhere.

Jim Lewis

Unhappy

I've used wirelesssync for two generations of the Samsung pocketpc (i700 and i730). My office has a exchange server so the synch keeps me up to date on my calendar and emails when I'm not in my office, which is the norm. The only serious complaint which I have already discussed with VZW is the limited storage on the wireless synch webserver. Be aware that if it reaches the storage limit and you delete messages to make more room, this action will also erase emails off your exchange server, leaving you without any copy of the original message. Ironically, any simple pop email account allows you to select this not to happen. VZW says they know of the problem but would not commit to fix it.

I can also comment on the effect on battery life of enabling auto synching (message push). I've noticed about a 50% shortening of the battery lifetime, so deselect push on the wireless synch software on the PPC if you want to save you battery.
    Dennis the Menace

I had to stop using it because twice it fowled up my calendar and contacts. The server side has trouble figuring out what's older than something else or it will create duplicate appointments, that sort of thing. I don't like the fact that it makes changes without asking or giving a clue what it's about to do.

Don't you just love the moderators!

Arrgh! The Moderator Gestapo have struck again. One would think the thread would be of interest specifically to many i730 owners since I'm sure each individual machine, i730 vs i700, is going to be a bit different on how your sync choices affect battery life, placing calls, etc.

Seem to me this thread belongs BACK in the i730 forum. The i700 forum was a lot of fun and not so stuck up.

Jim Lewis