• SilverScreen

1 5.56%
  • MegaLauncher

1 5.56%
  • TealDesktop

0 0%
  • LaunchEm

0 0%
  • I couldn't find one I liked and don't use one.

6 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Third Party Launcher Poll

This may have been done before...but, I couldn't find it.

I'd like to know what launchers are being used most commonly by Treo 650 users. My criteria is simple...it shouldn't cause crashes and it should support the 5 way nav and allow to select apps to run by pushing the center button.

If I forgot to list one, let me know and I'll add it if I can.

Thanks!

Abe

love megalauncher. lifetime upgrades, full skin support, background images, built-in backup, built-in file manager, built-in archive mgr, custom categories, you can categorize "links" to apps on the card so they are avialable in the internal categories, todo and appt integrated within interface and more.

been using it since i got my first palm 2.5 years ago

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    ZLauncher hands down. 5-way support, skinable, many themes, auto-transfers apps/DBs from/to SD card on execution/exit, and very stable.
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 11-16-2005 at 08:41 AM.
    Michael

so when was the last time zlauncher was upgraded? i tried it 1.5 years ago or so and didnt like it. it didnt "feel" right when using it.

I love LauncherX. I used to use Launcher III for my palm and this is much better.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Thumbs up Upgraded several times

Originally posted by ohvhost
    so when was the last time zlauncher was upgraded? i tried it 1.5 years ago or so and didnt like it. it didnt "feel" right when using it.
    Last upgrade was Early November.

http://tinyurl.com/9zas7

Love my ZLauncher !!!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

How about.....

NONE!

I was a LuncherX user for YEARS on my 7135. I tried Initiate and Launcher X and TealLaunch also.

I never had a stability problem with any of them. Some of them looked real spiffy, but spending 1 MB of precious RAM just to have a pretty launcher seemed stupid. LauncherX and Zlauncher can have tabbed categories, which is nice when the stylus is always out, but with the Dpad and Keyboard, I rarely use the stylus to launch an app.

Initiate is nice and keyboard oriented, but browsing categories of apps with the keyboard is pure torture. Its great when you always know the name of the app you want.

No, I'd rather use the default launcher. I can still type the first few letters of an app and press the Center button to launch something.

Combined with Butler's KeyLaunch, and PowerRun's RAM tools, the default launcher works great.

-Warr