Poll: What GPS Software should I get

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-13-2005
    Posts
    90

    It has come to this, a Poll!

    Which GPS software/bundle should I buy?
    My name here in cursive!

  2. #2
    Registered User smeg36's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-14-2005
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    578
    I'm a Mapopolis fan. The program is free, so you can get updates as they are available, you can try it out before you buy it, and it is only $99 for the whole USA. But if you aren't planning on using the whole USA, you can get just the counties you are going to use for $9.95 (or so) a piece.
    Device: HTC Touch
    Accessories: Aliph Jawbone, 6GB Sandisk microSDHC, Leadtek 9537 BT GPS
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-11-2005
    Posts
    37

    Destinator

    I'm a Destinator PN fan has been using this program for over 4 years(with upgrades along the years) great program as it allows me to navigate every where in the US and Europe (maps on 1Gig SD)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-30-2005
    Posts
    575
    How much for Destinator PN? Please don't tell me to google it -- it would save us both time to just tell me.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-30-2005
    Posts
    575
    Originally posted by smeg36
    I'm a Mapopolis fan. The program is free, so you can get updates as they are available, you can try it out before you buy it, and it is only $99 for the whole USA. But if you aren't planning on using the whole USA, you can get just the counties you are going to use for $9.95 (or so) a piece.
    I just googled Mapopolis. Looks like crap -- like a kindergardener drew the pics. Any other (better quality) programs available?

  6. #6
    iPwn da iPhone... Trinergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-28-2005
    Location
    Illy Philly
    Posts
    422
    I would recommend ALK's CoPilot Live 6 which was just released and is compatible with WM5 which future proofs it. I only know the upgrade prices but I am sure they are competitive with the est of the market. They offer the latest generation GPS chipset in their bluetooth receiver. Which has much better sateLlite lockin times on startup then previous generations. the website is www.alk.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-13-2005
    Posts
    90
    Originally posted by ortizlgnd
    I just googled Mapopolis. Looks like crap -- like a kindergardener drew the pics. Any other (better quality) programs available?

    I have been researching a lot, and I think that either TomTom or OnCourse is the way to go. I'm just stuck on which way!


    Seems like TomTom is becoming very popular, which is a good thing.
    My name here in cursive!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-13-2005
    Posts
    90
    Originally posted by Trinergy
    I would recommend ALK's CoPilot Live 6 which was just released and is compatible with WM5 which future proofs it. I only know the upgrade prices but I am sure they are competitive with the est of the market. They offer the latest generation GPS chipset in their bluetooth receiver. Which has much better sateLlite lockin times on startup then previous generations. the website is www.alk.com
    Seems like another good one. How is anyone supposed to choose?
    My name here in cursive!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-30-2005
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Guys, I'll check em out.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-13-2005
    Posts
    90
    OnCourse or TomTom

    OnCourse or TomTom

    ????
    My name here in cursive!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts