Poll: Who's with me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call to action

Angry Call to action

Although not a true PDA phone, I have nowhere else to turn to for help other than this forum. Hear my story and please send help! I implore you.

I have had the same sprint cell phone since 1995. I recently went to my local sprint store for christmas and purchased the
    MM-A920. Now, I understand this is not a PDA phone, however when looking at the specifications it is alluring to learn you can
    *watch TV *play MP3's *take 1.3 megapixel photos *record 30 seconds of video *Use Bluetooth *it has powervision *24 MB of memory on the phone and comes with a 32MB TransFLASH card
    *it has a stereo headset *has a USB cable *and finally you can use it as a modem

Now imagine my surprise to find that I cannot use the USB cable to transfer music or video from my computer to the phone, I must purchase it from the sprint music store or sprint TV store. There is no software support to synchronize my contacts or calender alerts. The only function of the USB cable is to use the phone in Modem mode at a premium. Does anyone have the skill to transform this otherwise non-PDA into a quasi PDA by getting this dern USB cable pumping- be it drivers or custom software. You would be a hero among all MM-A920 suckers out there. Perhaps a consortium of scholars can find out what makes this heart pump. I know we can do better with this phone, heck someone must know how to make the cell phone use a broadband connection through the USB so I can, at least, download free ringtones/backgrounds/screensavers. Does anyone know a guru I can beg? Rally with me, show samsuung that poor support and utilities will not be tolerated with such a beautiful piece of hardware!

Respectfully,
    Deathjester

BTW, I love samsung I just don't love the support on this phone

where's the love people?