Poll: Do you believe that Sprint/Audiovox should be doing more to fix hardwar problems?!

+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation How to EXCHANGE the old Sprint branded phones for a Sprint-Nextel branded phone:

Waiver of liability: Please keep in mind that I do not condone illegal activity, file sharing, or skiing off-trail

I had this friend who had problems with his phone… at no fault of his own but, rather, due to shoddy manufacturing… Only Sprint and Audiovox couldn’t care less about him or you and were unwilling to help!

I happen to know first-hand that anyone who purchased a phone between November ’05 and January ’06 is able to RETURN that phone under the “Christmas Gift Return Policy” (not sure that is what THEY call it… but for the sake of simplicity…).

Once they have received your phone and credited your sprint pcs account you can purchase a BRAND NEW PPC-6700… but BE SUUUURE it has the Sprint-Nextel logo on it!!! This version is far superior to the Sprint only branded phones!

To speed things up you CAN order a new phone immediately but they will want to hold on to 630 clams until your other phone is received!

Re: How to EXCHANGE the old Sprint branded phones for a Sprint-Nextel branded phone:

Originally posted by bkgepdog
    Waiver of liability: Please keep in mind that I do not condone illegal activity, file sharing, or skiing off-trail

I had this friend who had problems with his phone… at no fault of his own but, rather, due to shoddy manufacturing… Only Sprint and Audiovox couldn’t care less about him or you and were unwilling to help!

I happen to know first-hand that anyone who purchased a phone between November ’05 and January ’06 is able to RETURN that phone under the “Christmas Gift Return Policy” (not sure that is what THEY call it… but for the sake of simplicity…).

Once they have received your phone and credited your sprint pcs account you can purchase a BRAND NEW PPC-6700… but BE SUUUURE it has the Sprint-Nextel logo on it!!! This version is far superior to the Sprint only branded phones!

To speed things up you CAN order a new phone immediately but they will want to hold on to 630 clams until your other phone is received!
    Except for the keyboard light issue.
    PPC 6700
    1GB SD Card
    Jabra BT800

Re: How to EXCHANGE the old Sprint branded phones for a Sprint-Nextel branded phone:

Originally posted by bkgepdog
    This version is far superior to the Sprint only branded phones!
    !
    Any proof to back this up? I have both versions (had a new logo replacement since my old logo's screen cracked). As far as I can tell, there is no difference besides the keyboard light, which actually is worse than the old logo version. Firmware/hardware wise, it's the same.

Absolutely! My friends first phone had its screen crack after dropping less than 2 feet on to the carpet... A few weeks back he dropped it all the way from the holster to a marble floor and nothing happened! There are a dozen things that I... err I mean my friend.. could rattle off that are better about this phone... The screen issue is the #1 problem but that is a BIG problem!

I'll call Sprint store tomorrow but I would like from some of the more knowledgables members to chime in on this. My phone was bought only a couple of days before Christmas.
    PPC-6700 w/ 512 MB mini SD
    GlobalSat BT-338 Sirf III GPSr
    G4500 Seidio Car Kit

Hmmmm...

When asked for facts, all he could point out was a screen crack.

Seems to me that is fate. If you drop the 6700, depending on how it lands and on what surface will determine the potential for damage.

Other than the paint job, screen picture and keyboard lites, they seem to be the same.
    PPC 6700
    1GB SD Card
    Jabra BT800

Re: Hmmmm...

Originally posted by lizardhowson
    When asked for facts, all he could point out was a screen crack.

Seems to me that is fate. If you drop the 6700, depending on how it lands and on what surface will determine the potential for damage.

Other than the paint job, screen picture and keyboard lites, they seem to be the same.
    I have replacement insurance so I am not too concerned about dropping my phone. I do wish I could find a good hard case. But on another note, this "they must replace" is not passing the smell test, just yet.
    PPC-6700 w/ 512 MB mini SD
    GlobalSat BT-338 Sirf III GPSr
    G4500 Seidio Car Kit

A few cracked screens on the old logo 6700 do not establish that there is a general quality problem with the screen on this phone, much less that the new logo model will be any better in this regard. Some percentage of every electronic device with an LCD screen will incur cracked screens. Sorry your friend was one of the unlucky ones, but there is NO documented statistical difference in build quality between the old and new logo phones.

If you have TEP your phone is covered if the screen cracks. No need to swap it before that happens.
    Last edited by JPSmith; 01-07-2006 at 09:30 AM.