Poll: Do you have .NET CF 2.0 installed on your 6700?

+ Reply to Thread
    Brian

Do you have the .NET CF 2.0 installed on your phone?

I am a C# developer and I am looking to deploy applications I have written / am writing, and wondering how many already have this installed.

wm5 i730 -> moto q
    I have it installed, I needed it to upgrade pocket express...it actually was bundled with the program

Don't have it installed. It is a monster file that takes up too much space and doesn't install easily.

The only thing I use .net for is the BT audio toggle. Since it works fine with 1.1, I refuse to give up the required 5 megs for .net. I don't understand why this isn't included in a firmware upgrade (rom). It eats way too much precious space.

I have it installed but I continuously look for versions of software that don't use .NET 2.0. It is a bloated pig that I would like to get rid of but for now I am forced to keep it because some software developers were too short sited to develop for the native version 1.0.

By the way wasn't it pretty stupid of Sprint/Microsoft to release an updated software package and not upgrade the native .NET component?

i do not have it installed for the same reason as many users...it takes up way too much space even if you install it on the SD card (which isn't recommended) most of the files still go in the main memory.

thankfully, there is a new beta version out that puts about 4 out of 5 megs of it on the SD card which should enable many more of us to install it...but i'll probably wait until it's out of beta.

for now, i don't really need 2.0 and would have to be missing out on a really amazing, useful app before i decided to install it...

-jeff
    AT&T Tilt aka HTC Kaiser aka TyTn II
    PPC 6700 is now my TV remote control and favorite paperweight lol

I use 2.0 just so I can use PushMail. Hopefully I'll be using it for more applications in the future

I almost installed it use wififofum or netstumbler (can't remember which) but it is way too big to justify

You know, after I voted yes that I did, I realized I had deleted it along with wififofum 2 a couple weeks ago. So, ignore my vote- I don't have it installed :-p

Yes, I have it installed for Sirius CE, and a few other progs (WiFiFon).

It stinks though.
    "I think, therefor I am"
    -Rene Descartes

My Bluetooth is built in!
    Too much space for too little utility. I dont keep it installed.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

well I have it installed for some proram but don't know which one. I wis I knew so maybe I could uninstall it

Now that SP1 of .NET 2.0 is out, which means that it can be installed on the storage card now, I have reinstalled it, so I must reamend my earlier statement that I indeed do have it installed now. I doubt anybody cares anymore...judging the last post on this thread was a good 2 months ago, but for those that do, there you have it.

Yes; SP1 on storage card.

Yes, there are several apps available that use it and are very handy.

I agree with others that MS should have included it in the ROM update, but I think they complain too much on how much space it uses in main storage..