Poll: Is 5mb enough for ocasional and/or day-to-day browsing?

+ Reply to Thread
    Next Gen 100%

How much is enough for web browsing?

Well, I am looking at getting an i730 from Verizon, especially becuase it just got $100 cheaper, but I can't really afford to get the unlimited data packadge.

So, is 5mb a month enough for day-to-day or ocasional webbrowsing on the phone? Should I go for the unlimited packadge?

(Technically I could get the unlimited data, but it is $20 more a month than 5mb...)

Thanks!

kinda silly poll... you can easily do an objective study or obtain data/facts of how much data you need for "occasional" browsing. Of course you need to define what "occasional" means, but also whether you intend to browse with or without images (huge difference), whether you are going to browse through a proxy which reduces the size (resolution) of images (very common technique), whether you are going to be doing emailing, and with or without attachments, etc.

The quickie answer is going to be NO. For most purposes 5Mb is probably going to be about a few sessions of light browsing. So 40Mb is more realistic for "occasional" browsing per month. But of course YMMV. If you're only going to read a few TEXT emails and browse a few sites viewing TEXT only, then 5Mb *might* last you a whole month...

I've downloaded 5MB in the last 30 minutes
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

Becoming a PDA expert awdturbo02's Avatar
    ^^^^ Like Wise

Next Gen 100%
    I figured as much...

Well. I'll try to get that extra $45 a month. :\

Now, if anyone has any way to get the $200 web price of the i730 if you already are a Verizon subscriber, then add NE2/the data discount, I will be very happy.