Poll: How Do You Listen To Your Voice Directions?

+ Reply to Thread

Question GPS/Map Users - How Do You Listen To Your Voice Directions?

So I just picked up my Holux GPSlim236 and iGuidance 3.0 and have been playing around with it. Currently I am using my BT headset to listen to the directions, but would like to know what everyone else uses.

I was thinking about getting the Seidio mount with built in speaker, but I am unsure if I want to spend $100 for it. I am thinking about just picking up a nice winshield mount or car mount and place it next to my stereo. I was driving today and thought about wiring it through my car speakers.

So...how do you listen to your voice directions?

BT Headset? Wired Headset? Phone speaker? Seidio Cradle? Other?

If you said other, what do you use?

If you choose multiple options, could you kindly list under what conditions you use the certain options! Thanks!
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

If your car does not have a input jack or tape, do not get the Belkin FM transmitter as it turns itself off if it does not detect any sound for a period of time (and there will be long silences in between directions) even if it is plugged into an AC adapter. This is a good feature if one were running it on batteries and just using it to play music, but it is useless for use for GPS directions. Accoriding to Belkin this "feature" cannot be defeated. Get the VR3 from Walmarts for about $50. It is much better.

I was actually thinking about hardwiring not using an FM transmitter this way I can continue to listen to my iPod or Sat radio

Oh this is sweet: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5162346

Now I can have my radar detector, 6700 and my iPod all plugged in I am going to pick this up today...ah, I hate going into WalMart...
    Last edited by MadlyAlive; 10-11-2006 at 04:37 PM.
    Bryan

"I'm not going anywhere NEAR that sabertooth snatch of yours." - Dr. Christian Troy

I would really appreciate some comments on this!
    Bryan