Voters
81. This poll is closed
  • Agile

51 62.96%
  • Verichat

30 37.04%
+ Reply to Thread

Question Agile or Verichat to purchase?

Ok my trial period for verichat expired. Agile gives me the annoying message about upgrading to the new version; which has the trial period as well. Windows Mobile works funky. Which one should I purchase?

Since Verichat is no longer for sale, it seems your decision is an easy one.

Always Believe In 1 GroundNPound's Avatar
    Verichat is the best. You can find one around.
    There is no ideal routine. In fact, the key to any routine lies in your ability to abandon it for another.

-Always Believe In One Forum-

I have verichat installed. Can't I just buy a license?

not according to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime
    not according to their website.
    Yeah you are right. So my only option is Agile huh

I am using IM+ and I think it worth every penny of the one time purchase cost.

I have tried Agile trial period and it is indeed a nice software too and I liked it but I don't think it worth to be paying yearly for such a small software.

I would have purchase Agile if it was a one time purchase and purchases future upgrades if I think I needed them.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by zizo72
    Yeah you are right. So my only option is Agile huh
    They all suck for one reason or another, but these are the ones I've tried & my opinion of them.

WebMessenger: no tabbed chat, subscription based, can't send/receive files (photos)

IMOV: Ugly interface, no tabbed chat, can't send/receive files

IM+: ugly, no tabbed chat, can't send/receive files, initial investment is expensive

Agile Messenger: horrible tech support, expensive & subscription based, still has a few bugs

Live Messenger: Flaky connection problems, only supports MSN

None offer the ability to keep you logged in if you lose your wireless connection & deliver your messages to you when you come back online as Verichat did.

Spoke to support on both Webmessnger and IM+, both have file transfer on their to-do lists. Agile can only send pictures and voice files (PTT).

I wonder how long before they shut down the Verichat servers? With no revenue for the produce anymore, it's only a matter of time.

IM+ does keep logged in and even when wireless drops then it will keep trying to reconnect.

my wireless always drop when I am in the basement and reconnects when I come back upstair so IM+ reconnects.

you need to set it in the setting to reconnect when dropped and set how many time to retry.

I set mine to 999 retries.

And I don't think it ugly but it is pretty plain compare to Agile because of it's tabbing feature

Bill

yes it reconnects, but do you appear online & receive your messages when you reconnect? i thought your buddies would see you as logging off in those cases like when you're in your basement and lose signal.

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime
    yes it reconnects, but do you appear online & receive your messages when you reconnect? i thought your buddies would see you as logging off in those cases like when you're in your basement and lose signal.

Yes if your messenger is disconnect then your logged off after a period of timeout on your buddie's messenger contact list and once your reconnected you reappear back on your buddies messanger contact list but that hold true for even messenger programs like AIM or MSN etc written by the provider themseleves.

I never had tried verichat before so I am assuming that verichat used to provided a server at a fee per month or year to "keep you online" and quene your message until your actually come online and recieve your message. So no IM+ does not do that and I am not even sure if Agile have that feature either since I did not notice this when I was trialing Agile.

I am aware that the new latest AIM version is supposely to now be accepting and quening messages from your buddies even if your offline and send them to you as soon you log on but I have not tried the newest AIM as of yet and I am pretty sure all third party messegers Agile IM+ etc does not have that feature yet since it new and recently released and developers will most likely add them in the future versions.

Bill

Only Verichat gave you a persistant online presence, if you weren't connected to Verichat you could receive SMS messages from online buddies.

Didn't know that Verichat is closing down! That stinks! I love the program and have been using it for 2 years now... when did this happen?
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

i like agile because it supports all im clients! i dont know about verichat, I just used it on my treo

Between Agile and IM+, I think I'll be trying IM+ to replace VeriChat once their servers go down. Looking at PocketGear.com - Agile was last updated on 3-May-2004, and IM+ was just updated on 2-Feb-2007. Just FYI for those interested in getting something that may be updated from time to time.

FYI: Agile Messenger has been updated many times since then, the software will automatically update to the latest version. It is PocketGear that is behind the times, they are showing 2.0 and the current version I believe is beyond 3.0, it is version WMPPC-65.