+ Reply to Thread

So much for "unlimited" internet...thanks Sprint!

Hm...lets see, I am Sprint, I have lost over a million customers, I come up with this great $99 Simply Everything plan to try to keep my remaining customers and maybe win some back from the other companies. The other companies have started to put caps on how much data you can download in their "unlimited" plans.....so, of course, instead of having the advertising advantage of being able to say "unlike the other guys, we really mean UNLIMITED", lets do this instead.....

Sprint Busts a Cap on Yo ....Data - WMExperts

Oh the corporate world....

yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I don't think I've ever exceeded 5 Gb per month, but the fact is I don't want to have to worry about it either. My guess is that they won't have a hard coded switch built in, but will instead use it as a a guideline to stop hard core abusers.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    The Sprint CEO on TV touting their "Simply Everything" plan is now meaningless!
    Michael

Does the usage detail on the website show the number of MB or KB? Mine shows
    3350654, which is either about 3.4GB or 3.4TB. I didn't realize how much data I use streaming radio all day at work.
    SMT-5600 >> PPC-6700 (Apache) >> PPC-6900 (Sprint Touch)
    Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

Heh, 3.4 Giig streaming audio at 65 kbs all day for a month is a lot but certainly doable. In fact that just about amounts to 8 hours a day 5 days a week for a month. I did 3 hours a day for 4 weeks at that rate and it was about 1.2 gig. 3.5 Terabytes? Physically impossible over a 30 day period even if you burned through data at a full EVDO max 3.1 Mbs 24/7.

shadow, juno, its all the same seraphim's Avatar
    I guess they meant um-limited

You all know the limit is only on data cards and PAM, and that it's going to be 3-month averaging, don't you? It also doesn't affect corporate liable and government accounts.
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.