+ Reply to Thread

Sprint's voicemail counter display works now

Sprint must have updated their system last night because now my phone displays how many VM i actually have now. Alltel has been having this feature and i'm glad to see sprint finally catching on....

sid

What did it do for you? Only show one voicemail no matter what? It's only supposed to show the new voicemails, not the old saved ones, right?

wow 4yrs already huh?
    voicemail counter? i'm a bit confused

I noticed this also, mine started working about a week ago, I think it might be because of the release of the instinct, the instinct has visual voicemail like the iphone, where you can see all of your voicemails on your screen and select which one you want to listen to. That is an awesome feature, I hate having to listen to 5 messages to get to the one that just came in that I need to hear, if anyone knows of an application to get this visual voicemail on our phones please let me know.

Ohhh...lets start another rumor...the reason for the rom update taking so long is because Sprint wants to include visual voicemail in it! lol

mine now read that i have 4 voicemails instead of before the counter always displayed 1 new voice mail message.

2-3 months ago, it popped up for me. I was always frustrated when it would always display 1 voicemail. Then all of a sudden one day, (after a soft reset) it shows the actual numbers of messages. WOO HOO!

Perhaps it is in the geographical area. I'm in NY metro area and also my colleagues who have the same phone also started noticing this a while ago.
    Powerflex chargers and Portaflex Sync/Charge cables
    www.macmedia.com