+ Reply to Thread

Laws Requiring Hands Free Devices

My wife recently sent me the following e-mail that I thought might be pertinent to those who frequent this site so I'm passing it along:

According to a proposed new law that would go into effect July 1, 2008 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a 'hands free' adapter. I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.
    These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid him $0.08 each because he bought in quantity. Then we tried it with Motorola , Sprint, Verizon and Nokia units and they worked perfectly.

A photo is attached so scroll down & take a look and let me know if you want one. Also, forward this to anyone you know, who has a cell phone, and who may want one!

Hopefully you got as much of a laugh out of this as I did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laws Requiring Hands Free Devices-clip_image001.jpg  
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I thought the law of "no cellphone while driving" has effected since many years ago

Quote Originally Posted by googoodog View Post
    I thought the law of "no cellphone while driving" has effected since many years ago
    California recently enacted a law that makes it illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving unless you are using a handsfree device. The law went into effect on July 1, 2008. Other states, but not all, have enacted other laws.

The handsfree law is not to be confused with laws that prohibit text messaging while driving. Again, certain states have adopted no-text laws whereas others have not.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Have y'all seen this fine YouTube video exposing the other fine benefits of the hands free law here in CA!
    YouTube - Hands Free - Its the Law!

Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    Have y'all seen this fine YouTube video exposing the other fine benefits of the hands free law here in CA!
    YouTube - Hands Free - Its the Law!

Mark
    Mark, that is hillarious--and so true. Great find!
    -Jay