+ Reply to Thread

HELP ME PLEASE!! (Recover files)

I posted this in a related forum, but there is not traffic there and I waited a day... and I really need an answer

Okay, I'm an idiot!!! I thought I had a backup of my pocket PC phone edition and did a full reset. then I go to access my backup, and it is just an empty file tree. All of my contacts/calander and everything else that is synced is fine, but there has to be a way to recover the rest of the files. I had things on their that were invaluble to me, just an example being, recordings of some of my sons first words (from a couple years back) and soo much more that I could never replace.

Please Please Please help!!!

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    If the files were in your "My Documents" folder on the pocket pc then you will find copies of them in your "Sync" folder on your computer. Try looking there.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!! (Recover files)

Originally posted by Trex005
    I posted this in a related forum, but there is not traffic there and I waited a day... and I really need an answer

Okay, I'm an idiot!!! I thought I had a backup of my pocket PC phone edition and did a full reset. then I go to access my backup, and it is just an empty file tree. All of my contacts/calander and everything else that is synced is fine, but there has to be a way to recover the rest of the files. I had things on their that were invaluble to me, just an example being, recordings of some of my sons first words (from a couple years back) and soo much more that I could never replace.

Please Please Please help!!!
    How did you back up your information? Did you use Active Sync or another program?
    Jeremiah 29:11

I used Active Sync and just had "files" syncronized... but when I go into the Sync folder on my desktop, the folders are there, but no files

Hmmm....Is the name of the folder now the same as the name of it before? (i.e. did you create a new folder?)

Also, just a thought as well, check in the recycle bin of the PC.

Were the other items "notes"? Did you have the Notes box checked to sync via Active Sync? (the default is not to sync the notes--you have to turn that on).

YES!!! YES!!!!!! you are soo cool!
    yes, I did sync notes, and those did include at least some of the recordings!
    You have made my day!

I did lose some of the other things that were rather important.. but most things can be rewritten or re developed, but these were not replaceable... thank you sooooooo much!

is there a place to mark this thread resolved?

Happy to be of service. No need to do anything with the thread; it will just wither away into the sunset...until someone with the same problem searches for this thread and finds their answer. The gift that keeps on giving!