+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do You Guys Have Children? Pets?

This is about PDA Phones, I swear!

I have a bird, but I find myself just as attached to my PDA phone as my bird. It seems like we all have too much time on our hands to devote so much time to our phones. When I first wanted one I just thought of the advertisements for phones in Japan or somewhere with phones that were PDAs. Now its like I have to consult my trusty PDAphonehome forum for anything related to buying one or doing anything to the one I had.

You get used to how important your PDA and online forums are, trust me.

Now have some KoolAid.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    You get used to how important your PDA and online forums are, trust me.

Now have some KoolAid.
    LOL Bottoms up!
    Last edited by mwfielder; 11-17-2004 at 08:55 AM.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Too much time on my hands?? Ummm... NOT!!!

The KoolAid idea sounds interesting... but the last time I drank KoolAid (in college) I woke up with my fingernails and toenails all painted and mascara and eye makeup, etc... it wasn't pretty.
    John

John, that's better than the KoolAid drink I was referring to....
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Yeah, I had a feeling you meant something else, harley...
    John

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    John, that's better than the KoolAid drink I was referring to....
    ROFLMAO...imagining JP after "koolaid" !!!!!!scary thoughts are racing thru my mind (do I have one?)....darn the last koolaid I drank seems to have depleted my grey matter...

Yes I do spend a lot of time on PDA's...yet I ALWAYS make sure I have time for my family...and also time to do my "daughter's homework"...I seem to be doing well in 8th grade these days!!!!!..I still can't understand what "diagrams" mean in the English class....I do CAD work and diagrams are pictures I draw on a PC !!!!!...this is very confusing to me and hence I stay in 7th grade.....back to tweaking my new found Beta-Test PDA from Nokia....!!!!!this is cool...I will reveal secrets later...I am not the Kiss & Tell Kind !!!!!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Can't wait to hear the details!
    My sordid past:

Nokia PDA? Hmmm...
    John

Originally posted by equus
    .....back to tweaking my new found Beta-Test PDA from Nokia....!!!!!this is cool...I will reveal secrets later...I am not the Kiss & Tell Kind !!!!!
    That's not consistent with your actions in Albany...Talk about penguin-love!...

Originally posted by mwfielder
    ROFL!!!! Gotcha!!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!!
    John

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Oh man...this is not expose channel is it????
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    Nokia PDA? Hmmm...
    yeah there are two models being tested...one has Symbian...and the other Windoze......they seem to prefer the Linux edition as there are more open source editors and programmers available....figure that !!!!!!!...anyhoo, the Symbian is very cool and it almost emulates WM in all its operations....almost a cross between Smartphone and WCE......the stylus version is really favored and the Navigation button type is less favored.....the screen change is what is amazing...its on auto-pilot, ie: if a spreadsheet is desired it goes to landscape and also during surfing...then appointments and contacts go to portrait..it is done so seamleesly and you don't have to orient the device...screen size is square and very brilliant....many bugs in this still....hey its beta so what do you want right??? goes from CDMA>>>GSM>>>WLAN>>>VOIP>>>>LAN>>>BT-WIFI all so seamleesly that you never feel the transition...also voice capable while surfing...real multitasking...naturally dual-processor....I can't go into too much detail as the usual NDA is stuck on my rear-end....you know the story....this has a long way to go yet but very PROMISING for Field operations personnell and definitely tech-geeks like us...VPN is a snap.....complete encryption on ALL outgoing data...anyhoo..I am still in Albany!!!!!.....

Sounds neat---but if they go Linux, doesn't that mean all new software? Won't that limit the applications it can use?

er um sounds cool equus, perhaps convergent could setup a forum for phones that don't yet exist and we could speak in tongues in our thread posts so as not to violate the NDA's

Anyway... back to the original topic: My wife has long accused me of spending way too much time on the forum and "playing" with my phone. Hey its my protable office! Yet when Iim home and I can't find its ususally cause my wife or one of the kids are playing a games on it.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    To answer the original question... I have a wife, 4 kids, and 3 dogs.... and a very busy life. At least the time you spend on this forum ultimately will lead to saving time and being more productive, right?

As for the phones that don't exist... talk about them all you want... that's what the "pdaPhone" general discussion forum is for. And if you manage to violate an NDA, I'm sure we'll hear about it... life goes on. We survived the wrath of HP earlier this year, so I guess we'll survive the next one.

Just remember to have fun with this stuff....
    Mike - Been Converged?

Oh, yeah... I have a wife, 3 kids, 2 cats... and very little free time. Fortunately, my PDAphone helps me manage my insanity. I definitely use the calendar and tasks features to remind me of all of those commitments.... and yes, I am crazy!!! WooHoo!!!!

John

Oh yeah, the original question....not that we ever get OT around here ...

I have a wife, 3 boys (8, 4, 8mos), and believe it or not, a full time job!

Since I was the one who went way off OT....yes I do have a wife, a daughter 13 years old...do have a life !!!! and a few PDA's.....no pets thanks convergent for the support you gives here and making this our second home.....

Yeah, Equus, always going OT

No kids, no husband (my choice thank you

Oh yeah, one very high maintenance cat and one very high maintenance roommate. I like them in that order, too!
    My sordid past: