+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madden 2005

Madden 2005

Finally received my Madden 2005 for PPC (Handango). Comes on a SD card only--no downloads. After receiving it, I found it was about 15mb, and that is probably why there is not a downloadable version. You can copy it to your PC to back it up. However, I tried to then put it on my existing SD card (which went fine), however, I couldn't run it from my existing sd card--locked the i700 up. Bummer, that means you have to carry the card around. Good thing the EB slipper has a SD card slot!

Needs 4 mappable buttons. Initially used the 4 buttons by the D-pad, but found that hitting the "end" button repeatedly powered off the device. So I moved the pause button to the volume button--no big deal. Action is pretty good, and I was able to play it with it overclocked (Autostep) at 333 without difficulty. However, I prefer it at 300, as the action is a little slower and then I am able to keep up! (Hmm, maybe I should play at 200...)

Problem is, for 40 bucks, you are much better to get the GameCube/X Box/PS2 version. The graphics are like the old 1998 versions, but what did ya expect, right? It's hard to pass (you have to scroll through the receivers with repeated pushes of one button), but I'm sure I'll improve with time. I haven't played with all the functions yet, but I'll let you all know if I find any significant finds.

Unless you are a true Madden-fanatic, it's not worth it, IMHO. I think I'll stick to playing my 8 yr old on the Game Cube.
    Jeremiah 29:11

GAME CUBE ALL THE WAY!
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

I love Game Cube... too bad my boys kick the snot out of me every time we play Super Smash Brothers Melee or Mario Kart. I need to stick to Atari games like Missile Command.
    John

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    I love Game Cube... too bad my boys kick the snot out of me every time we play Super Smash Brothers Melee or Mario Kart. I need to stick to Atari games like Missile Command.
    I will play you pong!!!! I used to be good at it on the Atari!!!!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Originally posted by equus
    I will play you pong!!!! I used to be good at it on the Atari!!!!
    I was the Defender champion of 7th grade! (I don't think that made the national papers, but it was big among my friends! )

Defender... DigDug... Joust... all rockin' games for us mid-lifers....
    John

I'd love to say that this game is great on a VGA screen, but it isn't a VGA game. It does look nice, though. I actually find my skill level is about the same as it was on PS2...which means I know how to punt really well!
    Last edited by harleyxlc; 11-23-2004 at 09:10 AM.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    Defender... DigDug... Joust... all rockin' games for us mid-lifers....
    Oh man...JOUST! Boy, do I miss that game. {Going off to Google Joust and see if there is an emulation for the i700...}

Edit--came across Tempest as well...all the memories...now to find a comb to put in my back pocket...
    Last edited by mwfielder; 11-22-2004 at 09:01 PM.

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Oh man...JOUST! Boy, do I miss that game. {Going off to Google Joust and see if there is an emulation for the i700...}

Edit--came across Tempest as well...all the memories...now to find a comb to put in my back pocket...
    ROFL!!!
    John

Great blast-from-the-gamers-past post! Of course, so many classics werent mentioned....

Space Invaders, Asteroids, Galaga, Galaxian, Crazy Climber, Donkey Kong....

If I only had all those quarters back..... -sigh-
    -----------------------------------------
    R C Wade
    VX6700 / i700 / Thera 2032

my games on atari that i kicked mo butt on was asteroids, pitfall, and missle commander. i still have my atari somewhere. if my mom threw it away ima have to shoot her. tell me there's an emulator for our i700s to play atari games....
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

I LOVED Pitfall! I kept buying the sequels, but they were never as good as the first. With its little square graphics...I'm getting teary-eyed.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

I can still hum that Pitfall music!---not that difficult since it used about 4 tones, and that is about all I can hit!

There were also Tron, Track & Field, Centipede, and the all time 80s classic...Journey's video game!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Madden 2005-journey.jpg  

tron freggin rules, especially the arcade version. the one for atari left too much to the imagination (especially since i was a tron movie fanatic).

there was a game, when i was younger, in the arcades, and i dont remember the game. maybe someone here can remember it for me. it was a poker game of sorts. you used a rifle to shoot out the cards you didnt want, and if i remember, it was five card draw. you could only fold like 3 times total, and after that, the computer players would ask you to step outside, where a shoot out would insue. not even remotely sure what the name of it was, though...
    Nephi

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    I LOVED Pitfall! I kept buying the sequels, but they were never as good as the first. With its little square graphics...I'm getting teary-eyed.

YES!!!! Ptifall was AWSOME.... Pitfall2 was good I thought, but after the good ol' VCS2600, it just lost the appeal.

Now Im suprised that anyone remembers the Journey game... The bouncing drum stage WAS the best. And as for the Track and Field comment, I shoulda though about that when I read the comment about carrying a comb in your back pocket.... I mean wasnt that the only reason for a comb as a kid.... Unbeatable speed in T&F using the "comb lever"... woohoo! Good times for sure.

Anyhow... I did some diggin for you Emu fans.... here is a Atari 2600 emu for PPC.
    http://www.mobilewizardry.com/multi-...etro/index.php

and also...

http://pocketvcs.emuunlim.com/
    Last edited by RWade; 11-23-2004 at 04:54 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    R C Wade
    VX6700 / i700 / Thera 2032

Cool!

I just got a gamepad for my ipaq, how perfect for an old Atari game!
    My sordid past:

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    Cool!

I just got a gamepad for my ipaq, how perfect for an old Atari game!
    You are so my hero!

Originally posted by mwfielder
    You are so my hero!
    ROFL....

you kids are like so totally gross...
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

I'll post pix when I get home. The gamepad is totally *****in'

Actually, it only took four days to get it from Japan, why can't I get packages from the US that quickly??
    My sordid past:

i played Q-Bert. Q-Bert ruled!!!!!

does anyone remeber that handheld football game where two people played at the same time. there were little lines that showed where you were on the field, game was green? like the first handheld football game.

Jungle Hunt was the king of games for the atari!!!!!!
    Da Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!