+ Reply to Thread

Thanks Dumwaldo!!!!!!!

I just wanted to give a public expression of thanks to "dumwaldo" for graciously offering, and giving his i550 to me!

Although many people have pm'ed me words of thanks before for help i may have given them, and i greatly appreciate that, but this offer just astounded me!

I only hope that i will be able to give as much as i have gotten back to the great community we have here. (And it really is great, it is the only online forum that i know of that doesn't have daily flame wars between users, etc.)

And the funniest part about it was the day dumwaldo sent it to me, November 26, which although he didn't know it, just happens to be my birthday, and one of the dates mentioned in the i550 delivery pool date!

Kudos Dumwaldo,
    i330
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

That's awesome. We knew Dumwaldo had a great sense of humor ( I still laugh thinking about the first shot of the i550 he gave us to prove its existence, think Cheech and Chong) but a great heart too. Its like donating an organ to someone who really needs it.

Now its up to you, i330 to give us what you can with this little beast in your hands.

I salute two great guys: Dumwaldo and i330, things around here would not be the same w/o them.

Way to go!!

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Happy birthday you lucky dog! Pics, details, dirt, PLEASE.

That's my bday too, but all I got was a table saw.

Administrator
    LOL table saw...

wow waldo thas pretty nice of you! speech! speech!

wow that is nice!! now you have the task of getting Bluetooth to work on the I550 and making us all more jealous!
    old devices: I300, I330, I500
    current: I730

Originally posted by reidme
    Happy birthday you lucky dog! Pics, details, dirt, PLEASE.

That's my bday too, but all I got was a table saw.
    Uh oh, is a table saw a bad present? That's what I just got my dad for Christmas!
    Amber. I'm finally converged, and lovin' it!

Originally posted by CLEAmber
    Uh oh, is a table saw a bad present? That's what I just got my dad for Christmas!
    I like mine, but it's no i550.

Yeah, don't hold it up to your ear to make a call.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

i am in the middle of moving from one apartment to another in my building so i have been mega busy and just have not had time to sit down and write what i would like to say so here is the short version...

it was my pleasure to give my i550 to i330. IMHO he more than deserves it and has the level of expertise needed to be able to enjoy it.

i gave the phone to i330 but the gift was for the whole community because i am confident that i330 will use it to help educate the entire community.

BTW to reidme,
    as a union carpenter i have to say a good table saw (and stand) is an awsome present. at least it wasn't something lame like a nokia phone

peace all,
    dumwaldo
    Peace out,
    dumwaldo

Originally posted by dumwaldo
    i am in the middle of moving from one apartment to another in my building so i have been mega busy and just have not had time to sit down and write what i would like to say so here is the short version...

it was my pleasure to give my i550 to i330. IMHO he more than deserves it and has the level of expertise needed to be able to enjoy it.

i gave the phone to i330 but the gift was for the whole community because i am confident that i330 will use it to help educate the entire community.

BTW to reidme,
    as a union carpenter i have to say a good table saw (and stand) is an awsome present. at least it wasn't something lame like a nokia phone

peace all,
    dumwaldo
    Very gracious, and I know I for one will be following his exploits. And I do like my table saw (with stand) , it's what I asked for. It'll keep me busy in my spare time while I wait (not so patiently) for the i550. I think it (or something like it) will inevitably come out sometime. Maybe I'll build a display case for my obsolete gadgets.