+ Reply to Thread

Talking Stupid No Parking Here Signs!!!!

This happened this tuesday Dec 28 in Long Beach CA....those poor guys have been hit hard with rains like never before....this picture depicts ONE of the reasons why the city put up that No Parking sign and our friendly Grocery delivery boy parks his BMW right under the sign !!!!!! I feel for the owner of the car and yet it was hilarious to see it.....
    Last edited by equus; 01-23-2006 at 10:34 PM.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    HAH! Now that's funny!
    Michael

Converged Hundredaire Socialite njbair's Avatar
    I saw this one a long time ago.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Now that's even funnier. My nephew his a fireman and I he gave me the tour of the station and trucks over Christmas. After spending some time in the station with him, I'm surprised they didn't use the "jaws of life" to peel the top off the beemer here instead of just breaking the windows.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Well as much as I'd like to think that photo is genuine, I have to wonder why the broken glass is on the outside of the car.

See, I learned some detective skills from the Hardy Boys.
    -nickster

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

If they broke through from the fire hydrant side, through the car, and then out the other window, the glass is in the right place
    Amber. I'm finally converged, and lovin' it!

Actually, it looks more like glass that has "exploded" from a low to medium velocity impact (like a fire axe) or cleared after the initial break and is probably present both inside and outside of the car... note that most firemen clear out a window frame to keep from getting cut or snagged on the glass edges going in or out. They would be more concerned with chafing of the fire hose on a ragged edge.
    John

Yea I guess that's not a whole lot of glass. There's probably more on the inside of the car.

Heh, imagine being the owner of that car. What do you do, just keep walking? Or stop and get beat down by angry firemen?
    -nickster

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

JPmihalk
    Actually they use a device that looks like a spring loaded center punch. It literaly shatters the windows in all directions. Then again Mr. fireperson could have used his axe for maximum effect for the on lookers.
    njbair.- I doubt the fireguys would beat him down. But I guarentee that they'll bust a gut laughing at him!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.