+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking donations for my vx6600

i am now accepting donations for my xv6600. the device will be availible through verizon wireless to the common user on janurary 17th. any and all help is much appreciated. thank you...
    <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="paypal@dulciprajna.net">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="xv6600 fund">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
    <input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
    <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
    <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
    </form>
    i think this one will work. let the miracle fly, all! i appreciate your donations and kindness...
    Last edited by Nephi; 01-10-2005 at 06:19 PM.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

LOL....you are a crazy man charlie brown....!!!!!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Converged Hundredaire Socialite njbair's Avatar
    HAHAHA

At first I was sure that you were joking. Then I saw the PayPal button and was like, "wait a minute..."

LOL
    -nickster

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

You ARE crazy, pranja!
    Jeremiah 29:11

I tried to give you a donation. I clicked on the PP button and got this:

Error Detected
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a problem with the decryption of your secure order. Please contact your merchant

Well, I tried to help you. Sorry, you don't get a second chance for my donation.

ROFL!!!
    John

yeah, i know. i dunno why the button doesnt paste correctly.. oh well. ill have to try to get my money some other way...

lookie here:

two t-shirt ideas that i wanna have printed for me so i can sell them @ bonnaroo this year. you guys like?
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Can't go wrong with Calvin 'n' Hobbes.

I found this picture online a long time ago and I always thought it would make a good t-shirt. For some reason it just cracks me up.

Also, prajna, I don't know if you're used to printing T-shirts or not, but I've done some printing in the past. You need to start with a very hi-res image or else it will be pixellated. Like I said, I don't know what your experience is with this kind of stuff, just wanted to help.
    -nickster

the images i have posted are very scaled down, but the actual fonts that i will be using will be on a 400 dpi pic. as for the pictures of calvin and hobbes, that's where i am running into a snag, as i do not have good high resolution images of them dancing. the rest of it would be a snap. wish me luck... thanks for the feedback, btw...
    Nephi

A word of caution - the guy who did Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson) is not into merchandising at all... yeah, I know, you see them everywhere, but there may be some legal ramifications for using them without permission. I don't know if you can get permission, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    John

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Yeh, John and I are all about "asking for permission" these days!
    Mike - Been Converged?

i dont know how many of you here are experienced in a "lot" for concert shows. i am referring to the lot that follows bands, like phish, or the dead, or others like this. bonnaroo has a lot that is very similar to these (yeah, sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll all availible for a price). they are some of the neatest lil macro societies, i believe. you can buy anything you want, there. noticably are t-shirts, which are normally done up like the two graphics i posted here. they are spoofs on some other idea for example:

i bought a sticker from a guy one time that showed the corperate symbol for sunoco, but they replaced that word w/sativa (yeah, i know, but hey, i was a hippie b4 wife and children). these types of spoofs are usually great sellers on the lot.

i found the google font online and used that to create the "groovin'" logo. also found the calvin and hobbes thingamabops. photoshop is a wonderful tool. i am hoping that people recognize it. do you guys?
    Nephi

Originally posted by Convergent
    Yeh, John and I are all about "asking for permission" these days!
    ROFL!
    John

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    ROFL!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Originally posted by prajna
    i dont know how many of you here are experienced in a "lot" for concert shows. i am referring to the lot that follows bands, like phish, or the dead, or others like this. bonnaroo has a lot that is very similar to these (yeah, sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll all availible for a price). they are some of the neatest lil macro societies, i believe. you can buy anything you want, there. noticably are t-shirts, which are normally done up like the two graphics i posted here. they are spoofs on some other idea for example:
    The last time phish was in town they played at the arena next to the garage I park in at work. When I went to leave at 5pm, I found that our garage (which we had been warned to steer clear of) was a big huge tailgate party. I was deliverying a colleague to the airport, so was kind of in a hurry. When I got to my car ... several floors up in the garage... which was no small feat with wall to wall people... I was shocked. On one side there was a van, with the back doors open. There were guys with a keg or something selling beer out the back of the van. On the other side were a couple of scantily clad women cooking some sort of meats on a grill... and sitting there in lounge chairs like I'd use at camp when we have a campfire. Thise scene was repeated many hundreds of times over at nearly every car in the garage. Driving out I was literally pushing bodies out of the way... they wouldn't move until the car was touching them... literally. Fortunately I was in the old Jeep, so no worries (other than running over someone).
    Mike - Been Converged?

yeah, alot of them are so, um, doped up, that they didnt even realize what a car was, much less that they need to get out of its way. i will say its a "different" bunch of people (even if we are just refering to the smells that come from them), but they are the kind of ppl that will give you the shirt off their back if they think it will help you. any group of people can make me feel uneasy, or intimidated, but phish kids dont do that to me anywhere near as much as any other croud of people, hence the reason i like the "lot" macro societies. next time you have to deal w/that, as you are driving out, ask whom would give you a burger, or a hotdog, or a beer. most kids on the lot will give you things for nothing..
    Nephi

donation button is working now
    hey, i have another t-shirt idea. whachall think? i believe this would be a women's t only (and i mean no disrespect to any ladies whom glance @ this). i just think its a funny "play on image" like my groovin' shirts previous in this thread. any all comments, critisisms greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Nephi; 01-11-2005 at 06:59 PM.
    Nephi

For higher-res Calvin and Hobbes pictures, the only thing I can suggest would be to take the small images you have and use some kind of vector-based imaging program (such as Adobe Illustrator) to "trace" them and then you'll have scalable versions for future use. If you're not familiar with how to use Illustrator or something similar, check local art & design colleges. Some of those kids do freelance "tracing" work, since many people need to scale a smaller raster image. If you have trouble finding some art school punk, check with a company that does custom engraving. They need vector images for the computers to do the engraving, so they may have somebody there who can trace it for you. I don't know how much you plan on profiting from the shirts, but you can probably get a Calvin 'n' Hobbes for about $40-$60. And I doubt the kids would care about Bill Watterson's permission.

BTW, the eBay shirt is funny (although I wouldn't go near a girl who was wearing it).
    -nickster

my wife and i have been discussing this, and have decided to forego the groovin' t-shirts. we are going to do the ebay spoof instead for two reasons: 1) they will be cheaper to make, and less of a copywrite infringment happening there 2) much better reponse to that design than the other.

the trace idea is a great idea, and i know how to do that w/photoshop, so i will work on that myself, but the groovin' thing we are modifying, and instead will just make bumper stickers of them. no calvin and hobbes nor snoopy and woodstock. instead, we are going to do the bumper sticker, and add one thing. we will make three different kinds of bumper stickers... one that says, "gro", one that says "ovin'", and one that says "oo" on it. that way you can build yourself your own "groovin'" bumper sticker, adding all the oo's you want (to cover the whole bumper, if you so like).

the ebay shirt we have two ideas. one is a halter top w/the spoof on it (but w/o the bin logo). along w/the halter top is underwear that has the bin logo. the other idea is to put the bin logo on the backside of a white t-shirt, and the ebay logo on the front.

hopefully, this will all be affordable. w/planning starting 6 months b4 i sell them, this should go fine... thanks again for the suggestions.... much appreciated.

Originally posted by njbair
    For higher-res Calvin and Hobbes pictures, the only thing I can suggest would be to take the small images you have and use some kind of vector-based imaging program (such as Adobe Illustrator) to "trace" them and then you'll have scalable versions for future use. If you're not familiar with how to use Illustrator or something similar, check local art & design colleges. Some of those kids do freelance "tracing" work, since many people need to scale a smaller raster image. If you have trouble finding some art school punk, check with a company that does custom engraving. They need vector images for the computers to do the engraving, so they may have somebody there who can trace it for you. I don't know how much you plan on profiting from the shirts, but you can probably get a Calvin 'n' Hobbes for about $40-$60. And I doubt the kids would care about Bill Watterson's permission.

BTW, the eBay shirt is funny (although I wouldn't go near a girl who was wearing it).
    Nephi