+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation VERiZON unfair practices, group action suit ...lets make it happen....!!!

I am in the same category....as most people in here. I have sign up with Verizon about 1 year or so ago with 2 year contract.

I was browsing internet using my plan minutes until recently when my Samsung i700 start having some issues. I got my exchange device and when I was trying to activate change ECN I was told that there will be additional charges for going on internet.

I have told Verizon customer care person thats against the contract that I have sign up 1 year or so ago. Verizon can not simply add or charge anything extra without my contract being expired if anything they should charge me less my monthly fee if they want add extra charge for internet usage. They said they can't do anything about it because this the way their system is setup and all pda devices has to pay extra for internet usage.
    ...and if I wont pay that extra fee she won't active it my exchange device. I have told Verizon customer care if she won't active my device I will have base to cancel my account without early cancelletion....and I got disconnected.

At this point I only hope that we have in our forums a lawyer and we can start class action suit for Verizon unfair practices.

By adding additional features for which customers will have to pay extra money negates the contract. Also Verizon have no right charge any of us extra fees for which they never charge before under the same contract. Even if they made mistake they should credit back their customers in some way if they no longer want to provide internet <which used to be substracted from cutomers minutes>

Anyone here work in MEDiA (radio, tv and etc,.) should make story on Verizon unfair practices.

I got the now infamous sms message from Verizion that they needed to speak with me about my data service (which WAS min usage)

When I called the CS rep, I knew what the story was from this board, so I kind of lit her up about it.

She basicly said there was nothing she could do, and that the contract has a stipulation in it that they have the right to correct "billing and account set up" issues, so that's how their working arround the whole breech of contract thing.

After I told her she could shove her data plan, she offered, and sent me a normal nokia phone for free (which I am using now) I'll be damned if I'm going to pay that much extra to use the internet on my I700 after they said that it would be included (mou) for having a pda phone. I paid way to much for my phone for that crap.

Now that I've swarn off Verizion I guess I'm back to non-converged until I find a new company with a suitable device (

Ahhh well....those are the breaks I guess.

Has anyone else said "stuff it" to verizion? If so, what is the consensus on other providers and a I700 replacement?

Originally posted by tfunk

After I told her she could shove her data plan, she offered, and sent me a normal nokia phone for free (which I am using now) I'll be damned if I'm going to pay that much extra to use the internet on my I700 after they said that it would be included (mou) for having a pda phone. I paid way to much for my phone for that crap.
    Interesting... so you got a new phone out of it. And have you tried to re-activate your i700 through your account login on thier website? Just a thought.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    Interesting... so you got a new phone out of it. And have you tried to re-activate your i700 through your account login on thier website? Just a thought.
    mg
    when you change esns online, the system will look @ the features that are on the acct b4 the change, and if it finds there are extra features needed (like a data plan) it will either prompt you to choose a data plan, or will tell you to call customer care to do the esn change. i see the angle you are trying to take from there, and its a great idea, but verzion has planned for that and setup check routines to ensure accts are now setup correctly.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Originally posted by prajna
    when you change esns online, the system will look @ the features that are on the acct b4 the change, and if it finds there are extra features needed (like a data plan) it will either prompt you to choose a data plan, or will tell you to call customer care to do the esn change. i see the angle you are trying to take from there, and its a great idea, but verzion has planned for that and setup check routines to ensure accts are now setup correctly.
    There are obviously holes in the system, otherwise they (VZW) wouldn't be back-peddling on the whole data plan issue to begin with. Anyway I have a 7135 and have used the online ESN change feature recently to bring my old phone on line when I needed do some maintance on my 7135 due to rain exposure. I was never prompted for a data plan, perhaps that check as been newly added. tFunk I would still give it a try, watcha got to loose.
    mg
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I haven't gotten the call yet, but my data useage has been going up to the point that I was worried about going over my minutes every month anyway. I went ahead and called today to change to the new Family Share plan which drops the price of my wife's phone for the same minutes, and added the PDA/smartphone unlimited plan.

This will cost me a little more each month then I was spending, but less then if I went over my minutes by just a little bit.

I always knew that this day was coming since half of VZW didn't think MOU existed, 25% thought it was just for camera phones, and the other 25% thought it was fine to add it to a voice plan with a PDA phone.

I knew when I added it to my account that I was probably getting away with something, I just happened to get a new CSR who simply did what I asked without checking with her supervisor when I added MOU.

The only customers who might really have a standing to complain are the ones who bought their phones during the time when MOU was being provisioned on all new accounts and didn't even know it was an optional feature, but have been using it all along. However, even for them, it has always been listed in the enhanced services section of the bill, which has always been distinctly different from teh calling plan for which you are contracted (after all, you can change features at will without re-starting your 2 year agreement, but every change to a calling plan restarts the contract date).

Alan

You all must understand that Verizon have no right to charge its old customers additional charges. If it was their mistake and this is exactly what they say.....they have to pay for it.

So for anyone who would like to cancel their service without early termination fee you have every right to do so.

No matter how well their contract is written period ! They know it they just do not want to admit yet until class action suit is slapped in their face.

-Remi

Originally posted by remi
    You all must understand that Verizon have no right to charge its old customers additional charges. If it was their mistake and this is exactly what they say.....they have to pay for it.

So for anyone who would like to cancel their service without early termination fee you have every right to do so.

No matter how well their contract is written period ! They know it they just do not want to admit yet until class action suit is slapped in their face.

-Remi
    They can't charge you without your consent, but they can remove or change non-contract features at any time. It says so on the contract you signed. Any lawyer will take one look at the contract and walk away from any attempt at a class action suit over this issue.

Alan

I dunno about anyone else on here, but I never had a data plan with my i700. I used to have a SCH-T300 who's plan I kept with my new one. It's actually an old "Local Choice" plan I signed up for back in early 2002. I've kept the plan cuz I get 700 anytime minutes for $40. If I wanna use internet I just use the dial up account I set up on it. I'm looking to get a Wifi card soon since apparently some people have gotten them to work with the Socket drivers. Verizon hasn't changed anything on my plan, and they haven't said anything about it either.
    Huh?

Originally posted by Kibble
    Verizon hasn't changed anything on my plan, and they haven't said anything about it either.
    That's because your dialup account is limited to 14.4 or 19.2kbps. Verizon is only concern with those that are using their higher-speed Express Network and paying nothing extra per month other than minute useage, which is not you.