+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G-Mail

G-Mail

How do you register for a g-mail account? I went to the website and there is nowhere to register on there.

You need an invite from a member. I have plenty, pm me with the email you want me to send the invite to.

gmail

Why do they do it like that?..

just wondering
    Thanks

Dan

Administrator
    its still in beta so they hand a few invites out to hype up the service...

Converged Hundredaire Socialite njbair's Avatar
    I don't know if I would have signed up for Gmail if it wasn't for the invite-only policy. It's like getting into the secret club where only the cool folks get in.

Plus, because it's in Beta, if it breaks and you lose all your stuff, they can just be like, "Hey don't blame us. It was your friend who invited you to sign up, not us."
    -nickster

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

Technically everything google does is still in beta.

Doubt they are going to just close up doors and loose everyone's data.

Plus they are now a publicly held company with shareholders to answer to, most who probably use gmail.

Also, it isn't invite only, gmail had a register for notification of spaces available for their service, that's how I got in, way back in the beginning.

Now they are trying to increase the users to stress test the system and make sure it can handle all the users.

Opening it up and letting everyone in at once would surely crash the system.

I have been more then willing to share my many invites with anyone that wants to be part of the gmail beta.

Right now I have about 50 invites to share, all that it requires is a pm to me with your email address to send the invite to.

It's not a secret club, it works great, and best of all, its free (for now, who knows what the future holds) exccept for the context sensitive ads served up based on your emails.

I have 50 invites left, so if anyone wants one, e-mail ovie_@pesplus.com and I'll sort you out

Converged Hundredaire Socialite njbair's Avatar
    Ovie do yourself a favor, take your email addy off of that post, or you'll be gettin' spammed. Just have people PM you if they want Gmail.
    -nickster

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

i have 50 as well. come on, who's your daddy?
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9