+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Design

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar

New Design

Just an idea for a future design look and feel...

http://www.facetroughgemstones.com/

Pulled straight from the "web pages that suck" site. Who doesn't like 65 million items placed next to each other on one page. I call it content rich.

Actually, what do you guys think of aximsite... I like it.

http://www.aximsite.com

Most importantly, I think you should feature penguins... penguins are, as Paris H. would say "Hot". Penguins sell baby... they got it going!
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

Sure, aximsite is good if you like a clean look, easy display, and easy to find features. Give me the garbled mess of factroughgemstones any day! I've been spending nights trying to solve deathball.net's NotPron---I like a challange!
    Jeremiah 29:11

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Thanks for the tip... lot's of Penguins!

I watched a cool show the other day on the HDTV channel about a cruise to Antarctica. They never said how much it actually costs, just that its the most expensive cruise you can go on, and very dangerous. It is an old Russian ice cutter and they take you all the way to inland Antarctica. But, along the way, they stopped on an island that had thousands of penguins... basically the whole island had penguins on every spot you could stand. You'd love it!
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Sure, aximsite is good if you like a clean look, easy display, and easy to find features. Give me the garbled mess of factroughgemstones any day! I've been spending nights trying to solve deathball.net's NotPron---I like a challange!
    well, i have lost 3 jobs and two marriages over deathball, now. , not (of course). but highly addictive, none the less!
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    That rock site was defintely busy The other site looked nice but I like ours too. Im not sure whats wrong with ours. I had alittle trouble finding stuff but I always have that trouble. Not that Convergent and others work will be in vain Im sure there are needed fixes.

Enough tiptoeing Im off to hook up 220, If theres only one breaker and my wire tester works I'll be back

Thanks James. There isn't anything wrong with it now exactly, it's just that there are things that need to be updated. The forum is backlevel, and the current method of adding new devices is by hard coding, so I haven't updated them in a while. I want a design that is more flexible, has a fresher look, and has updated scripts. I'm not looking for anything dramatic here. The Axim site is actually using a pretty vanilla script with only small cosmetic changes.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Convergent
    Thanks James. There isn't anything wrong with it now exactly, it's just that there are things that need to be updated. The forum is backlevel, and the current method of adding new devices is by hard coding, so I haven't updated them in a while. I want a design that is more flexible, has a fresher look, and has updated scripts. I'm not looking for anything dramatic here. The Axim site is actually using a pretty vanilla script with only small cosmetic changes.
    I have always been a fan of vanilla. I think we should go with a totally new, radical design. No words, everything in images. It would be a hierglyphic website. As Cartman would say, "Kewl".

For the color scheme, I think Puse is always underrated.
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    That rock site was defintely busy The other site looked nice but I like ours too. Im not sure whats wrong with ours. I had alittle trouble finding stuff but I always have that trouble. Not that Convergent and others work will be in vain Im sure there are needed fixes.

Enough tiptoeing Im off to hook up 220, If theres only one breaker and my wire tester works I'll be back
    "220, 221, whatever it takes..... Want a beer?" - Mr. Mom.

The site could use some sprucing up. There's an awful lot of baby blue here. The functionality is great, though. I dig these little icons.
    VZW

Very therapeutic.

A spell cheecker would be nise.

Mark

most all of that stuff is in vbulletin v3
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    most all of that stuff is in vbulletin v3
    Wow! that went right over my head. All I see is vB Code options when posting. Do I need to upgrade my browser or something?

Mark

Originally posted by MEG
    "220, 221, whatever it takes..... Want a beer?" - Mr. Mom.

The site could use some sprucing up. There's an awful lot of baby blue here. The functionality is great, though. I dig these little icons.
    VZW

Very therapeutic.

A spell cheecker would be nise.

Mark
    The wire tester worked, the house is now wired with 220, how-ya know I always drink beer when surfing this site at night while trying to figure out how to spell after watching my babies all day

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    The wire tester worked, the house is now wired with 220, how-ya know I always drink beer when surfing this site at night while trying to figure out how to spell after watching my babies all day
    I'm sorry, but every time I see your user name, I think of a SNL sketch from this year with Colin Farrell. It was about a swinger's group (I know--their writing is really going down the tubes), and one of the characters was John George Peppers (played by Will Forte). Anyway, if you wondered why you hear a snicker every time you post, it's me and that's why.

Originally posted by MEG
    Wow! that went right over my head. All I see is vB Code options when posting. Do I need to upgrade my browser or something?

Mark
    Ah... VB = VBulletin. That's the script we are using to run the forums. We are at version 2, and version 3 has a lot of enhancements. Your browser doesn't make a difference. We have a lot of custom coded pages that use the VB data and they all have to be redone. There are a lot of chicken and egg issues we are struggling with solving.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by mwfielder
    I'm sorry, but every time I see your user name, I think of a SNL sketch from this year with Colin Farrell. It was about a swinger's group (I know--their writing is really going down the tubes), and one of the characters was John George Peppers (played by Will Forte). Anyway, if you wondered why you hear a snicker every time you post, it's me and that's why.
    ya after years of doing sales as a personal trainer in the gym Im completely in the habit of throwing my name out and putting it on everything

Thats OK though whenever I see your avatar it makes me think of Madonna videos

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    ya after years of doing sales as a personal trainer in the gym Im completely in the habit of throwing my name out and putting it on everything

Thats OK though whenever I see your avatar it makes me think of Madonna videos
    Just don't expect me to dance!