+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lunch today

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar

Lunch today

I am sitting at my desk today for lunch. I purchased the combo from the office cafeteria which runs about $5.99. A combo includes a sandwich, soft drink, and chips. Yes, I know, but there wasn't an opportunity to purchase a Gyro today.

Instead I went with the good, ol' Roast Beef and cheese which has always been a penguin favorite. For the chips, I selected Baked Lays. Originally, I wasn't a believer in the whole "baked" chip concept, but I am really becoming a fan.

Maybe I should stop using the forum lounge as a pseudo-blog. Who knows?

By the way, the snow and ice yesterday left my driveway with a weird 1 inch thick snow covering that was rocky and uneven. It reminded me of Europa, and I found it fun to walk and listen to the crackle from my feet.
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

We are going to O'Harley's today for lunch. It is an interesting mix of Irish-biker restaurant. And throw in some Italian dishes

I was actually thinking of some noodles, although normally I get the grilled cheese. Not very exciting, but it is comfort food. ANd the fries are yum-o (as Rachael Ray would say).

The dew dried on my driveway before I actually woke up. It is supposed to be a chilly 76 today...burrr....I did think about logging onto LL Bean for a spring jacket, but changed my mind.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    We are going to O'Harley's today for lunch. It is an interesting mix of Irish-biker restaurant. And throw in some Italian dishes

I was actually thinking of some noodles, although normally I get the grilled cheese. Not very exciting, but it is comfort food. ANd the fries are yum-o (as Rachael Ray would say).

The dew dried on my driveway before I actually woke up. It is supposed to be a chilly 76 today...burrr....I did think about logging onto LL Bean for a spring jacket, but changed my mind.
    LOL, must be tough in sunny So. California!

Nice to see you around harley--what "unconverged" combo are you using now?

BTW---McDonald's #2, Diet Coke, $4.50. Free ketchup.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Right now I have a Motorola a630 phone and an iPAQ rx3115. I downgraded from the hx4705 because I just don't use my pda as much as I used to.

I am looking at getting another 7100t to replace the Moto. I bought one here from EH, but I couldn't make it work instead of my smartphone. But it is enough to replace a cell phone Just trying to find a good price. T-Mobile has had some issues with email alerts and the moto; issues since 12/15/04, which is why I am looking at the bb.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

"Downgraded"!?!!?! Someone with your technical expertice and savvy?!?!?! I'm expecting you to have the first supercomputer/phone using satellite service!

It actually was a refreshing experience. With some group help I was able to get over the "but it's not the best one!" syndrome and move on to the "it's the best one for my needs" I am not completely healed, hence the search for a blackberry...

Really it just means I get to spend more on my tablet pc

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    It actually was a refreshing experience. With some group help I was able to get over the "but it's not the best one!" syndrome and move on to the "it's the best one for my needs" I am not completely healed, hence the search for a blackberry...

Really it just means I get to spend more on my tablet pc
    Toshiba? Fujitsu? I'm thinking about one for the office.

Originally posted by mwfielder
    "Downgraded"!?!!?! Someone with your technical expertice and savvy?!?!?! I'm expecting you to have the first supercomputer/phone using satellite service!
    how about this for a downgrade: i700 w/verizon wireless to the x427 w/cingular!
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    how about this for a downgrade: i700 w/verizon wireless to the x427 w/cingular!
    How about an i700 on Verizon to a Motorola (too old to be "Moto") T720! That's right, T720! This phone is still analog capable!. Beat that!
    Mark (waiting for the I730)

PS ribeye steak sandwich fresh made from a local market (LaBonnes) in Watertown, Cracker Jacks and a Coke.
    Last edited by MEG; 03-09-2005 at 09:12 PM.

MEG, at this rate I'll end up with a T720

mwfielder, I went with the Toshiba M205-S810. After upgrading the RAM, I have been quite happy. Although the WriteShield was a tad on the expensive side, it went on as smoothly as a pda.
    My sordid past:

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Originally posted by MEG
    Motorola (too old to be "Moto") T720!
    ahh yes,,, the t720, thats what got me started on this whole gig when I found out you could put a dictionary on a phone,,,

on its massive 1.75 meg memory,,

PSS spaghetti,,, spaghetti for lunch,, spaghetti for dinner,, more spaghetti tomarrow

Arlington, TX - I can see the Ballpark from here.
    OK. I'll chime in. I had an ice cream bar out of the freezer. Man I need to start getting out of the office for lunch.
    Dave

Self-Proclaimed Baseball Nut. Or is that just Nut? :bangin:

Re: Lunch today

Originally posted by sloppychachi
    Maybe I should stop using the forum lounge as a pseudo-blog. Who knows?
    Blog away.... too busy for a formal lunch like usuall... but I found some homemade Oatmeal cookies (they were fresh) and an orange under my car seat. The way my wife makes oatmeal cookies, they are a meal in themselves.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I like Roast Beef and definitely the McDonalds. Rib Eye... mmmm... Rib Eye! I have never heard of Cracker Jacks as a side though.

I do not know if I could eat Spaghetti every meal but it definitely works for dinner. Spaghetti is a risky lunch food, Stainage is a high probability.

I do not think I am a fan of the ice cream or oatmeal cookie lunches. Although I enjoy both, they are more my 4:00 snack so that I can make it until dinner around 8:00.

Cold Stone Creamery has that Sweet Cream which is the same stuff that is in the middle of the Ice Cream Sandwich... sooooo good!

Order the Birthday Cake remix, definitely worth the 8.2 Billion calories.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    I like Roast Beef and definitely the McDonalds. Rib Eye... mmmm... Rib Eye! I have never heard of Cracker Jacks as a side though.
    The ribeye was good and I started using Cracker Jacks because, well, there is not enough sugar in the regular Coke....

Mark

Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar
    Originally posted by sloppychachi

I do not know if I could eat Spaghetti every meal but it definitely works for dinner. Spaghetti is a risky lunch food, Stainage is a high probability.

With that oil on your fur just wipe with a wet cloth

hehehe, we went from 73 degrees on Monday to 32 and snow on Tuesday. Lunch was obtained from a run to the border (Taco Bell) in whiteout conditions. The Southwest Steak Bowl was quite tasty. Kept my coworkers away for the required four hours.
    John

Originally posted by jamespaulritter
    With that oil on your fur just wipe with a wet cloth
    LOL... I also just take a dip in the ocean...

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    hehehe, we went from 73 degrees on Monday to 32 and snow on Tuesday. Lunch was obtained from a run to the border (Taco Bell) in whiteout conditions. The Southwest Steak Bowl was quite tasty. Kept my coworkers away for the required four hours.
    LOL... four hours... nice power!

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    I had a Wendy's Classic Double today. Dave Thomas would be proud. However it is burning a whole in my stomach. Why do I insist on eating crap?

Mark