+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audi Cars

off topic.......how do u like your 04 S4? Ive never driven one, but they seem super sweet. I just sold my audi for an ML55 because i need a more practical daily driver but i wouldnt mind getting an S4 cabrio slammed on some deep dishes some day!
    Samsung I550

Originally posted by AUDISP0RT A4
    off topic.......how do u like your 04 S4?
    **Off-topic -- sorry everyone**

I love it. I used to have a BMW 330i, which was a wonderful car. I had planned on buying an M3, but after driving the S4, it was impossible to pass up on. The V8 torque is insane, and like most Audi, the cockpit incredible. The AWD responds faster than the TTs I've driven, but I do occasionally miss the ability to spin the rear tires in a grotesque display of horsepower. I had also planned on going to the Mercedes dealer to drive their AMG offering, but with the S4's significantly lower price tag (fully loaded for just over $50k) I walked out of the Audi dealer with a new car without ever driving the Benz. My S4 is mostly stock, except for some HRE 540R wheels, a bluetooth phone kit (hooks in to radio via FM modulator) and a factory cargo kit. I haven't had the balls to do any engine/exhaust mods... the factory warranty is mighty nice on a car like that.

Again, sorry about my blunt comments. I hang out in some automotive boards as well, and there tends to be a lot of 14/15 year old kids claiming how their M3 smokes this, or their (fill in car model here) is better than anything else. This forum has had a pretty good mix of people, and I didn't want to see 'posers' here.

Alas, I would love to have an i550 myself, and have been trying to get my insider friend at Sprint to get me one-- but with no luck so far.

Nanotechnology Nerd shadowboxer's Avatar
    Originally posted by scm6079
    **Off-topic -- sorry everyone**

I love it. I used to have a BMW 330i, which was a wonderful car. I had planned on buying an M3, but after driving the S4, it was impossible to pass up on. The V8 torque is insane, and like most Audi, the cockpit incredible. The AWD responds faster than the TTs I've driven, but I do occasionally miss the ability to spin the rear tires in a grotesque display of horsepower. I had also planned on going to the Mercedes dealer to drive their AMG offering, but with the S4's significantly lower price tag (fully loaded for just over $50k) I walked out of the Audi dealer with a new car without ever driving the Benz. My S4 is mostly stock, except for some HRE 540R wheels, a bluetooth phone kit (hooks in to radio via FM modulator) and a factory cargo kit. I haven't had the balls to do any engine/exhaust mods... the factory warranty is mighty nice on a car like that.

Again, sorry about my blunt comments. I hang out in some automotive boards as well, and there tends to be a lot of 14/15 year old kids claiming how their M3 smokes this, or their (fill in car model here) is better than anything else. This forum has had a pretty good mix of people, and I didn't want to see 'posers' here.

Alas, I would love to have an i550 myself, and have been trying to get my insider friend at Sprint to get me one-- but with no luck so far.

Hey Scott!!

to continue grossly OT........
    I have been driving a 2002 M5 for the past three years and signed on to get the 2006 M5 to hit my local dealer this fall. I totaly agree, there is nothing like turning off the traction control and setting those tires to smoking!! (500 horses of hi revving (8400) V-10!!!! . I got turned on to the M series when a friend of mine asked me 4 years ago to go with him to "M School" at the BMW plant in south carolina. 9 hours a day of driving M roadsters, M coupes, M3s and M5s on closed tracks, water avoidance, slalom, and one entire day of autocross and wet track driving at the Good Year testing grounds about an hour away. Man, you haven't lived till you have spun out an M3 on a dry autocross track!!!!!!!
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by AUDISP0RT A4
    off topic.......how do u like your 04 S4? Ive never driven one, but they seem super sweet. I just sold my audi for an ML55 because i need a more practical daily driver but i wouldnt mind getting an S4 cabrio slammed on some deep dishes some day!
    I have a base line 2004 A4 1.8T and while the engine feels like a wound rubber band sometimes the interior and handling are supurb. My summer car is a 98 BMW Z3 1.9 and they handle equally, which is a surprise because the Audi weighs 1,000 ibs more and has room for five. I hope to graduate to the S4 someday.

Mark

Wow, cool, we got piecemeal moved.......
    dale1
    my story in phones....
    i300-->i330-->i500-->sprintt650-->ppc6700-->gsmt650-->HTC Universal-->gsmt650-->8525-->back again to my trusty t650

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by shadowboxer
    Wow, cool, we got piecemeal moved.......
    What does this mean?

Mark

Originally posted by MEG
    What does this mean?

Mark

Does sound kinda funny now that I reread it

We got cut and pasted out of the i550 forum to the lounge is what I was talking about. I guess.

(edit: btw, buckaroo banzai is my hero--love that movie!!!)
    dale1
    my story in phones....

Ya the new M5 is about the baddest conventional car i have seen. i definately want to get one myself. i havent put myself on any waiting lists yet.....but maybe after theyre out the first year ill pick one up, I should be ready by then. in the meantime, hopefully ill be building up my E30 into a track monster and bumbling around in the ML55 as a daily D.
    Samsung I550