+ Reply to Thread

happy hippity-hop day!

just a lil funny for your grand easter day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails happy hippity-hop day!-bunnies.jpg  
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Arlington, TX - I can see the Ballpark from here.
    This is a totally ignorant question because I do not know the answer-If you are mormon do you celebrate Easter?
    Dave

Self-Proclaimed Baseball Nut. Or is that just Nut? :bangin:

yes, and christmas, and birthdays, and all the holidays that a normal christian does. in fact, we are christians.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

OK. Thanks. I guess I didn't hear correctly when someone was trying to explain it to me. Thanks for the clarification.
    Dave

i have seen some people confuse jahovah's witnesses with mormons because they both go door to door on missions. JW's do not celebrate christmas, easter, or anything that is not specifically pointed out in scripture (including birthdays). infact, they dont celebrate easter, but they do celebrate the death of jesus (not his resurrection).

they are very very litteral in their inturpretation of the scriptures, using almost no symbols at all to help in the inturpreatations. they are also the ones who do not take "communion" or "sacrament". during the day they celebrate his death, they pass around a glass of wine. anyone who believes they are one of the 144,000 (see revelation, chapter 7, 4-14) chosen souls to asend to heaven may drink of the glass, but there are only some 200 JW's who have done as such. outside of that ritual, no communion, or sacrament, or what have you. kinda too strick for my tastes.
    Nephi

They were Mormons that came to our house. In fact my daughter alsways calls them the "Marvins" for some reason. Besides, they were in a car and not a bicycle. I do appreciate the clarification. Thanks.
    Dave