+ Reply to Thread
    Pretty Darn Adorable kevinandamanda's Avatar

Ugh, what is up with this??

Does anyone still use Hotmail?? The past few weeks almost every other time I've tried to send an email, it always asks me to type in something to "confirm" that I am a real user and that these messages aren't automatically being sent.... You know those garbled images with barely recognizable letters? That sort of thing. And they're SO garbled that I never get it right the first time. How come I have to confirm my account every single time I try to send an email??!

Very annoying. Is this happening to anyone else? I've just about had it with hotmail. I just want to switch everything to gmail! But switching emails is such a pain....

Administrator
    hotmail? whats that?

honey(or if this is kevin talking.. "dude" ) , come over to GMAIL.. then just send a mass email out to everyone... need an invite.. ill hook you up!

*L* Thanks Marctronixx. Yes this is Amanda. I switched to gmail.

I still wonder why Hotmail was doing that to me though!!! Very weird.

Administrator
    hotmail is flkay sometimes... i have sent emails to folks using hotmail and sometimes they never get the mail or it comes into their inbox when hotmail feels like showing it.. im trying to convert everyonw i know to gmail so i can do my part iin helping google take over the world...

Converged Hundredaire Socialite njbair's Avatar
    Those letters are called CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart)

There is a guy who has figured out how to defeat many existing CAPTCHAs: PWNtcha. He did so simply to show that, for all of the problems they cause, CAPTCHA systems aren't that effective, and a new solution should be investigated.
    -nickster

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

Cool....

I don't mind doing it once, like, when I open an account... But every time I need to send an email?? No way. Besides, I never get it right on the first try. *rolled eyes*

I use gmail & hotmail and I've never had that issue with hotmail.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator