+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User jamespaulritter's Avatar

Resize an animated gif?

I found a great avatar I would like to swith to but its to big and when I resize it its no longer animated. Is there a way to do it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resize an animated gif?-computertype.gif  

Found this great site where you can edit gifs http://www.gifworks.com/

I can't seem to retain any type of quality when I resize my gif. Any ideas?
    Nicky

I lost alot of quality also when I resized so I went back and cropped instead. This is the first time I have ever messed with an animated pic. Im sure someone with skills will chime in

That free website is nice but pretty limited. Any one ever use anything like this animator for $15.00 bucks--->click

Here you go jamespaulritter. Hope you like it. This image is 75x69. Oh, and btw: in case you are wondering, I used Adobe Imageready that I already owned.

Also, the reason you were losing so much quality when you would resize the picture is because of the amount of colors that this gif came in orginally (32). When I first tried to resize the gif, it would get grainy. Instead, I changed the colors to 256 THEN resized it. The result is what you see. The website you were trying to use to resize your picture wont let you increase the amount of colors on the palette, hence why you got a grainy image when you resized it. Enjoy it!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nephi; 04-20-2005 at 10:40 PM.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Thanks Obadiah, It took me 20 tries to get my little guy under 75 x 75 with out cutting off the side of the desk or the top of the computer. I'll check out that Adobe Imageready. And I realy appreciate the tip about the color palette