+ Reply to Thread
    Fool on the Hill

Angry Frys Electronics SUCKS

so i went to frys to pick up a wintv pvr card to set up orb.com.

the kit was missing a cable and frys wanted to charge me 20 to replace the cable that was not in the box.

what complete jackoffs these people are

do your self a favor and do not shop there

Everything they sell is a refurb. They had their house brand of blank cd's on sale one time, so I asked the salesman about the quality. He said buy the name brand cause 1/2 of those won't work.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I agree, they suck.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Yeah you have to look for the sticker on the box to make sure you aren't buying a re-boxed item. (Sometimes they hide the re-boxed sticker under some re-wrapping)

Unfortunately, if you need something esoteric, they usually have it. Just make sure you don't have to talk to the sales guy to get your stuff, and that it doesn't have that opened sticker on it.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

And this is news! I shop with great trepidation. They are a great source of cable and connectors and that sort, and to compre products.Bbut If I buy anything else I make sure it is a brand name where the manufacturer will stand behind its products because that Fry's will do squat!
    Caveat emptor!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.