+ Reply to Thread

Question Verizon business rep experience

Can some posters on this forum desribe their experiences with their Verizon Business reps in NYC? My company has a relatively small (9 lines) account with Verizon Wireless and we are being treated like crap. We are on our 2nd rep now (previous one left the company) but we still get the same level of service from a new rep:

* The guy NEVER picks up his office or his cell phones
    * Has very poor communication skills
    * Phone calls are returned in 2-3 days (and only if you leave 3-4 messages)
    * The guy is completely lost when it comes to sales-related issues (plan information, ordering procedures, purchasing info, etc)

At the same time, we have a 50-line account with T-Mobile (used to be 20 lines a year ago) and we have not one, but 2 reps who are always polite, always return phone calls, let us know about new plans and new equipment, etc.

I am wondering if having lousy account management team for SMB sector is a part of Verizon's corporate strategy or we have just been lucky enough to have the "best" people assigned to our account?

Eugene

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    May I respectfully suggest you work with a rep in another city?

We have 6 lines, and our experience is stellar -- heck they even got me the 6600woc 5 days before it was "available" and the 6600wc 7 days before it even existed...

E

Ehud,

I always thought that account managers were assigned according to geographical location of the customer, but I will definitely find out if its possible to get a rep in another city. Would you be able to PM me the name of your rep so I can request that he/she is assigned to our account?

Thanks

Eugene

Generally, they are geographical.

I own my own company <10 users as well as managed an organzation with over 10000 employees. Both sets of reps left a bit to be desired. Generally, if there isn't a commission in their immediate future, they are less than enthusiatic. Ironically, I tend to deal with the consumer folks (sometimes at the cost of a discount) as they are extremely responsive whether or not there is a dollar to be made.

Unfortunately, I was 0 for 3 with business reps in NYC. Maybe I was just unlucky and you will have a better experience.