+ Reply to Thread

Why pay $45 a month for VZW when you can get Sprint cheaper

From what i hear, the speeds and services from verizon (Non-broadband areas) and sprint are similar. Then why pay $45 a month for VZW when you can get Sprint cheaper? And how can you justify paying $45 for Verizon?

This is why, unless you want your PDA to be an I-Phone (Interstate Phone) go with verizon....okay maybe im streatching it a bit. I dont consider myself to live out in the boonies (im in NE PA near Scranton/Wilkes-Barre), but i get no sprint service at my house while i NEVER lost service with verizon.... Also Verizon is planning to have broadband in my area whithin the next year (300-500k im promised)

being as cheap as i am, i would jump on the sprint service, but in my case it wouldnt be worth it. So this time Verizon is justified

On the attached image verizons service is in the red on the left, sprints service is on the right in dark green
    Attached Images

Didn't you just answer your own question?
    iPhone 3GS !!

Its a no brainer for me. I get Sprint crisply all over SF Bay area and it is cheaper.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Originally posted by jerryyyyy
    Its a no brainer for me. I get Sprint crisply all over SF Bay area and it is cheaper.
    Ditto. If I traveled alot and could get somebody else to flip for the bill, Verizon would be the way to go.

As is, Verizon can't even touch Sprint's pricing for me.

Byron

Search Deez Nutz
    Broadband.

Done.

my goal was to prove a point not answer my own question

Verizon--I get better coverage (even in "covered areas"), EVDO, much more reliable customer service

Sprint--I was tired of waiting 2 hours for CS, then to get a know-nothing rep who tells me to "check the website" except it was down (can you tell I didn't like my interactions with Sprint?), and have them mess my bill up EVERY MONTH! And in DC (where I switched to VzW), they didn't cover the Metro (VzW did)

IMHO
    Jeremiah 29:11

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Why would I switch to an inferior-coverage network from a company with poorer customer service skills?

It *is* a no-brainer. Verizon rocks.

Do you want to discuss religion and politics now, or do you want to say that your view on abortion are no-brainers?

Ehud

Originally posted by Ehud
    Why would I switch to an inferior-coverage network from a company with poorer customer service skills?

It *is* a no-brainer. Verizon rocks.

Do you want to discuss religion and politics now, or do you want to say that your view on abortion are no-brainers?

Ehud
    I have better uses for $35/mo. Namely, beer.

While're you're talking to lord knows who, I'm drinking. Most importantly, uninterrupted.

I can't tell you how many times I've loaned my VZW phone to a Sprint customer because they "can't get a signal"...

Sprint has it's benefits, but excellent coverage along with a great broadband product are my reasons to remain a VZW customer.

Sprint is a no-brainer for me because Verizon doesn't have service where I live now (Kansas) - and didn't have service where I lived before (Arizona). - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Verizon has service where I live, which is in Tucson (Arizona). They have EVDO in Phoenix (Arizona). I'm sorry your Arizona didn't have Verizon service, but mine does

E

Verizon has service where I live, which is in Tucson (Arizona). They have EVDO in Phoenix (Arizona). I'm sorry your Arizona didn't have Verizon service, but mine does

E
    Probably has something to do with that crazy "no daylight savings time change" thing...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Verizon has service where I live, which is in Tucson (Arizona). They have EVDO in Phoenix (Arizona). I'm sorry your Arizona didn't have Verizon service, but mine does E
    Bisbee! - sheureka

Well, there are only 2 providers that provide decent converage on the MS gulf coast, Cellular South and Verizon, and Verizon had PDA phones , guess who won. Not to mention Cellular South has even worse plans then Verizon.

If we could just convince Verizon to get a decent internet plan.

Insane PDAer with a MOGUL!!!! centauress's Avatar
    Convince Verizon? I have a needle that you can ride a camel through if you can get that done...
    Last edited by centauress; 06-17-2005 at 02:22 PM.
    Sprint customer since Mar 01, PPC user since Apr 04 and Technophile since birth!
    Oct 06: Now completely convereged, connected and livin' large! Tablet PC+PPC = Ultimate Happiness!!! Woo-Hoo!