+ Reply to Thread

Count the hours remaining till release..............

Ok, what else are we going to do except wait for that new phone smell.

Time remaining until release (approx):

120 hours

Last edited by sclark10000; 06-18-2005 at 10:18 AM.

If we're going to commit ourselves to total stupidity, might I suggest we don't get too pumped up about this thing. There are going to be things that the broader public doesn't like about this phone that the people that have it so far haven't said anything about. Lower expectations tend to lead to a better experience. Remember, this is Verizon Wireless. Expect less, you paid for it.

We're going to see what is and isn't on the software CD. We're going to complain about the holster and the antenna poking into our (or at least my slightly overhanging) gut because it hangs vertical only, about the wifi/voice thing, maybe about battery life on the standard battery, about how it's now harder to see some things on a 2.8" screen for some of us, about our big thumbs and the keyboard, about our favorite bluetooth headset and its problems, about running out of memory, about SDIO wifi card troubles, and about a dozen things I can't see in the crystal ball because it's just a hunk of glass.

However, just like I was stunned when people didn't see CDMA dormant mode as the compelling reason to demand wm03 on the i700, I'm also a little surprised to not hear people talking much about the software bundle. The Picsel products are really looking good, much better than Thunderhawk with no service fee, consumer grade IR (for a Pronto/Harmony owner and long term remotecentral.com junkie like me) is going to be huge, voice signal in rom will be nice, being able to rom-load apps, especially sprite backup will be fantastic (hard reset to full restore in minutes? great way to remove a trial app that isn't up to your needs), and based on the i600 USB drivers, I strongly believe we will be able to use an i730 as at least a 1xRTT and maybe an EVDO modem even though there is no switcher application on the device.

Lots of troubles and lots of good things to look forward to in the days ahead. Just don't flip out when you hit the troubles, because they're all but guaranteed.
    -s

Lots of troubles and lots of good things to look forward to in the days ahead. Just don't flip out when you hit the troubles, because they're all but guaranteed.
    Exactly - enjoy what it does do right...and this thing will do alot right one way or the other.

Oh, and 118 hours to go.

Last edited by sclark10000; 06-18-2005 at 01:01 PM.

what phone?
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    It's a weak thread to begin with, but it means even less when you move it out of the i730 forum where it was started.

ah, i see
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Originally posted by MEG
    It's a weak thread to begin with, but it means even less when you move it out of the i730 forum where it was started.
    tsk...tsk......my bad..........just doing my job Sir.........and bad at it too..............
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !