+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A very bad day!

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

A very bad day!

I need to cry on a shoulder or two...

* The site has been having major problems with stability for the last few days and it has taken up a lot of time and stress trying to track it down.
    * I am working on a big proposal at work and having issues with it... like one of the key individuals moving out of the country (permanently) with no notice, and in the middle of the proposal... so I'm left having to do her part.
    * My boss just tripled the number of projects I'm supposed to be watching and managing the health of... which would be fine if I didn't have the last point to deal with.
    * Last night I dropped my camera in the floor and watched a $1300 lens become two pieces in the floor... broke right off the mount to the camera. Better the lens than the camera body, but I have a planned shoot at 7am tomorrow morning.
    * This morning I backed my wife's almost brand new Honda Odyssey into my daughter's one week owned car and made a nice foot long dent in both.
    * My fries were soggy at lunch.

I can't think of anything else right now to cry about.....
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mike,
    That is horrible! It usually comes in three's, but you are way passed that.
    Just keep saying, it's got to get better. Because it's got to.
    You need a drink!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Let me lend my shoulder Convergent................Keep the chin up during all these kinds of diversities. But you have the greatest gift of all that has been bestowed upon you>>>>>>>>>that is gift of life and to be kind to all and love all. Most of all just look at your family and heave that sigh of relief and smile within yourself cause you created a beautiful family that loves you and needs YOUR SHOULDER ALWAYS. Have Faith and these will pass as a cloud that brings rain to the dry and wind to the needy and shade to a weary, so its all in being positive.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Boy, that fries thing is tough to overcome, hang in there!

Sounds like you need a break, I prescribe 1 hot-tub, 1, 2 or 5 good drinks and 1 Cuban. (I never said I was a doctor!) Everything will still be there in the morning.

Mark

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by equus
    Let me lend my shoulder Convergent................Keep the chin up during all these kinds of diversities. But you have the greatest gift of all that has been bestowed upon you>>>>>>>>>that is gift of life and to be kind to all and love all. Most of all just look at your family and heave that sigh of relief and smile within yourself cause you created a beautiful family that loves you and needs YOUR SHOULDER ALWAYS. Have Faith and these will pass as a cloud that brings rain to the dry and wind to the needy and shade to a weary, so its all in being positive.
    In a teary eyed Bud Light commercial sort of tone. "I love you, man...."

Mark

Oh man I almost forgot>>>>>>>thanks MEG for reminding me, those fries just tipped me over>>>>>now thats enough to make any man go find a shoulder***err*** a Cuban, A Beer and A Cool Pool...............or better yet Mike could I recommend a very good therapy? Please visit this site as it has some very soothing reading materials...Made to Order
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Dang... that definitely falls under the category of "a bad week"! Things can only get better, right?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

...as a cloud that brings rain to the dry ...
    Oh yes, you reminded of one more thing... it's supposed to now rain tomorrow morning for our shoot.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar
    I can not believe your fries were soggy. I mean, were they cold and soggy because that is the absolute killer.

Mike - First off, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the website and all of the effort that goes into it. You guys are awesome and this site has been a tremendous help since the day I received my i700.

Second, perhaps it is time you started looking for a volunteer staff to help keep the site humming. I know that pocketpcthoughts.com uses volunteers and they do a really great job.

Third, I am more than willing to put some money out to help defray some costs for the server and the constant work of the admins to move all of my threads to the lobby.

Fourth, I think we need to eliminate Equus. His forces are growing stronger by the day. They are not only a threat to website but the nation as a whole. I do not want to have to remind you about a certain night in Albany. All I know is that Shackrat is no longer allowed into Canada and MWFielder is now known as the Toast of San Bernadino.

Regards,
    - The Penquino
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

I knew that you guys would bring me out of the slump... I'm now rolling in the floor!!!

I still don't know what happened that night in Albany, and I live here.

I appreciate the offer for money, but I don't think its fair to run ads, and also take donations... one of the other. If we ever get migrated to VB3, my plan was to offer a subscription plan that had no ads (and a few other bells and whistles). But for now, the ads pay the bills and so I don't want to double dip with asking for donations too. We have a ton of volunteers that do help keep the place going... how else would we be able to keep your posts moving to the lounge so quickly.

And for Equus.... I didn't think you could put two "u"s together in a word??? And.... what exactly is an Equus?
    Mike - Been Converged?

Sure, all I wanted to do was cheer up Mike and what happens????? bash poor equus..............man I tell you those penguins are taking over the world.........I knew it.....I knew it.......anyhoo Mike say the word and the donation is on the way.........check your PM.....

I should be paying you guys... I can't accept donations... but I really do appreciate the gesture. It means a lot.

On a positive note, the site has been running well this afternoon with very high number of users... odd. I need to find out what is going on with the tech team.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Sure, all I wanted to do was cheer up Mike and what happens????? bash poor equus..............man I tell you those penguins are taking over the world.........I knew it.....I knew it.......anyhoo Mike say the word and the donation is on the way.........check your PM.....
    Cheer up Mike or Rule the World... enough of your games Equus - we want the truth and we want it now!

Originally posted by Convergent
    I should be paying you guys... I can't accept donations... but I really do appreciate the gesture. It means a lot.

On a positive note, the site has been running well this afternoon with very high number of users... odd. I need to find out what is going on with the tech team.
    I am fine with you paying us. I will setup a PayPal. I suppose my rantings are worth about $600 a week. Please remit payment immediately. Thank you.

We appreciate your efforts here, Mike. I hope the weekend has brought some better luck to you and your family...
    Jeremiah 29:11