+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Independence Air - trying to be the fun airline

I just got back from a trip in which I had to fly on a new airline called Independence Air ( http://www.flyi.com/ ) and it was quite different. First off, most of their fleet is the 50 seat regional jets which are actually pretty confortable for small planes. They are trying to be the fun airlines... a title that I think Southwest has had for a while. These guys raised it a notch. First off, all of their safety annoucements (that they all read at the beginning of the flight) are pre-recorded by comedians. Fours segments and I heard 4 different comedians. Instead of being bored, everyone was rolling in the floor laughing as it played. Then on one segment while we were still sitting at the gate, one of the baggage handlers came dancing by the plane (outside the windows) dressed like someone from the play - Cats. They had their face painted with whiskers and everything and were dancing around out there. Never seen anything like it. I would probably fly them again if the opportunity presented itself.
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Was that the guy in charge of the 7th Fetzer value....

Mark

(it's all ball bearings these days)

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar
    Originally posted by MEG
    friggin' profound my friend, friggin' profound
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

Originally posted by MEG
    Was that the guy in charge of the 7th Fetzer value....

Mark

You just need some 3 in 1 oil and the head of Alfredo Garcia....and maybe the Beatles White album....

And to stay on topic....(which is new to me )....why don't these new airlines come to Dallas? No Indy Air, no Jet Blue. And don't give me Southwest, because you have to hit a nearby state or another airport to fly out of Dallas across country. (some weird law...)
    Last edited by mwfielder; 07-16-2005 at 10:24 AM.
    Jeremiah 29:11