+ Reply to Thread

Now here's an interesting item on Ebay!

20 Samsung SCH-I730 for VERIZON WIRELESS

20 Samsung SCH-I730 for VERIZON WIRELESS Item number: 5793076162

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=64355&rd=1

BUY IT NOW : 5000$ !!!

Contact me at :antoniomartinez_33@yahoo.com

So I thought OK, I'm interested in seeing what this kook has to offer so I emailed him thinking perhaps they fell off a truck in the Bronx or something...Here's my correspondance, his reply and my reply back to him.....there is another joker selling ones with camera's...should we let the guys in the camera thread know about it?

TO: antoniomartinez_33@yahoo.com

I might be interested in buying all 20.

I would pay cash if they were located somewhere I could see them in order to ensure this was legitimate since you have no feedback. Where are you located? I am in NYC.

Thanks

john

From: Antonio Martinez [mailto:antoniomartinez_33@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 12:42 PM
    To: john@hoving.us
    Subject: Re: 20 Samsung SCH-I730 for VERIZON WIRELESS

HIS REPLY:
    Sir,

I`m in England now with my work .I would like to eBay like a 3`rd party so after you will make the payment you will fax the transfer infos to eBay and they will keep them confidential until you get the phones and only after that I will be able to get the money.

The payment must be done using a money order service.I prefer money order because in this way I will ship the phones in the same day you`ll make the payment.You will arrange payment through Western Union .As soon as the payment will be confirmed by eBay and the money properly sent,I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with shipping.I will ship the phones via Fed Ex inssured and It will take 2-3 days until you will have it at your door.

If you are agree with my terms please send me your shipping infos ( complete name,address and eBay user ID ) so I can send it to eBay and start the paper work.

Regards

Antonio

AND MINE BACK TO HIM:

Sure Sure….

But first I was wondering if you would like to buy a bridge,

say here in New York, maybe the one that goes to Brooklyn?

That’s a nice one right, good views, kinda old but it’s stood up to the test of time!

I’ll tell ya what, I’ll give you a really good deal on it and my terms are:

that you put $1000.00 in American dollars in an envelope and mail it to my anonymous post office box here in America. What ya say sound good?

Now about those Samsung i730 phones:

you must be nuts to think anyone in their right mind would be foolish enough to go for a scheme like that.

CHEERS MATE!

P.S. I‘ll be reporting this to EBay!
    I started with a Psion Organizer in 1987!

haha.. that is hilarious.
    jw

piel frama case for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-i730-Piel-Frama-Case-Black-Tan-Holster-New-i700_W0QQitemZ5850287770QQcategoryZ15036QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Converged and Insane!
    lol, what a SCAMSTER. lol Hillarious. It would have been a good deal at $250 a pop for each phone, if you used an escrow account. But a money order? Sure, sure...my check is in the mail. lol

its even got a querty keyboard
    jw

piel frama case for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-i730-Piel-Frama-Case-Black-Tan-Holster-New-i700_W0QQitemZ5850287770QQcategoryZ15036QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

98%Converged, 1%Cocky, 1% Sarcastic

Honesty is the best policy

You mean you dont think he is legit? He sounds like a nice honest businessman who is currently in england by chance.

You dont think he is being dishonest do you? I think he sounds like a real up and up guy. I would even be willing to split the cost of the phones with you to lower your liability!!!

Send me $2500.00 in unmarked bills to my PO box and I will match it and send it over to him. I am sure he will send me the phones and then I will send half of them to you. That way if it is a scam (which i am sure it isnt) you will only lose 2500.00.

Seriously, where do these people come from and does anyone actually fall for this?
    Your Complete Computer Systems Management Solution:

System Engineering and Management
    www.SysMgt.com

View our available services at:
    www.SysMgt.com/services.htm

Converged and Insane!

Re: Honesty is the best policy

Originally posted by semills

Seriously, where do these people come from and does anyone actually fall for this?
    I'm sure we all would be pleasantly surprised on that one.

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Okay ... so maybe the phone deal isn't legit ...

So ... tell me about the bridge ... I've always wanted one and that seems like a fair price ... got any pictures of it??? could I charge tolls after I purchase it? This is soooooo exciting ... please send me info about where to send the money ... I'm dying to own my very own bridge ...

Fuzzy
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

You know, I've been looking for a pink elephant...

wonder if he has twenty of those???
    "we took a trip to Garden Grove, it smelled like lou inside the van, oh yea"

Too Funny!!

HaHaHaHeHeHeHe
    Moto Star Tac w/PIM-->Kyocera 6135-->Kyocera 7135-->Samsung i600-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Samsung i730-->Treo 700wx-->Treo 750-->Samsung i760

I believe this chap in England must be related to that nice lady in Nigeria who wants to send me 7 million dollars if I'll just send her my bank account number! Maybe I'll get his bank account number and send it to her!
    Allen

Originally posted by FuzzyWuzHe
    Okay ... so maybe the phone deal isn't legit ...

So ... tell me about the bridge ... I've always wanted one and that seems like a fair price ... got any pictures of it??? could I charge tolls after I purchase it? This is soooooo exciting ... please send me info about where to send the money ... I'm dying to own my very own bridge ...

Fuzzy

LOL!! That made my night!!!

Mike

I think this chap in England is trying to dump the smartphones because the British Police are on his tail. After all there just isn't a market for smartphone detonators like there used to be!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I sell quite a bit of stuff on ebay and you have just as many scam buyers, as sellers. Never fails that you have someone that wants to pay you double what its worth if you'll end the auction early, gift wrap it, and send it to Africa. They will send a cashiers check in advance... hey right! Where is that bridge again?

I just sold about $7500 worth of photography stuff, dishes, and a few PDAPhones and most of it went smoothly... but I had a ton of those questions like I just described. For some reason, PDAPhones, seem to be one of the biggest items for fraud on Ebay.
    Mike - Been Converged?