+ Reply to Thread

Checking back in...

Thought I'd come back to visit you guys. Has Ehud been behaving? (don't answer that...) Hacked off a WME2005 ROM yet? Figured out how to get it to call in sick for you and book tickets for a ballgame while you sleep in?

Anyway, the i730 is a sweet device. Come and visit us on the i730 forum.

Oh, and I have some stuff left over from the 6600 for sale here.
    Jeremiah 29:11

No camera? Hrmph...how could it be so perfect yet fall so short on that one thing??
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

It's too bad you're leaving the 6600 camp. I have bitter-sweet memories of the i700.

Where will you go from here? Plan to stick with the i730 for a while or upgrade to the HTC Wizard or Universal?

I gave my i700 to the wife and she only uses it for basic stuff (bible, gps, etc.)...but she's been eyeing my device (XV6600). She even claims the form factor is feminine. This gives me a leg up when the new devices become available. She won't complain so much about how much I'm spending since she'll be getting a very well taken care of replacement (my 6600).
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Originally posted by MajesticNJ
    No camera? Hrmph...how could it be so perfect yet fall so short on that one thing??
    True, true. Early thoughts are that the cam will be available in the fall...and it should be at least 2x better than the 6600's cam (but that's not saying much...)

Originally posted by maximum
    Where will you go from here? Plan to stick with the i730 for a while or upgrade to the HTC Wizard or Universal?
    I tell ya, I love the i730's form factor. This has been what I have been looking for ever since I "converged". I'm not sure the universal will make me switch--I would have to hold it first. But, I do love the latest and greatest, so you know how that goes....

But we'll see how long it takes VzW to upgrade to 2005...

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    How's the battery life, WiFi power, and screen size affecting you?

Ehud
    Judges 3:15

Originally posted by Ehud
    How's the battery life, WiFi power, and screen size affecting you?

Ehud
    In reverse order....

Screen size has not bothered me a bit. That was what I was most worried about, but it is very rich and sharp. I have pretty good vision, so that may help, but I still enjoy watching movies on this thing.

WiFi power--to be honest, I never use it. You have to go through a few steps to hook up, so I just go EVDO. It is not why I bought the device, but I guess it is nice to have. I played around with it to make sure I could hook up, and after one hour my battery was at 60%. Which goes to the first...

Battery life--I'm not hard on batteries. I leave the BT on (I have BT in the car), because I charge overnight, and often leave it tethered to the laptop while at work. However, if I am out and doing some serious media (movies, mp3s, surfing, and talking) it does wipe the battery by the end of the day. It comes with an extended battery, but it is only 1700mAh----I think Lion is looking at making an extended-extended battery.

BTW, Ehud, are you left-handed? Judges 3:15

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    No, I do not take my namesake's attribute in that respect.

E

boe
    mwfielder,

I've been taking quite an interest in the i730 myself. I've really been using my 6600 more as a PDA/w internet access for e-mail than I used to although I primarily use it as a phone. I think the i730 is a nice upgrade from the 6600. I'm pretty sure Sprint will have that model by December(although anything can happen). I guess I could wait a bit longer if something with a VGA 640x480 res screen is in the near future - e.g. less than 1 year. Do you know of any reasonbly sized units with WM5 and VGA in the works - preferably by Samsung?
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

mw, I have looked at the i730 several times now, compared to the XV6600, I find the i730 is noticably thicker, and the screen smaller(although it seems sharper). My reference was to have the largest "pocketable" screen for a PC companion, that was also a phone.

Was your reference for 1st a phone, 2nd a PDA?

Ehud

Just read Judges 3:15. That's too funny E.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Hey mwfielder!
    Question:
    I had a problem with my i600 while using a headset OF ANY KIND, earbud, boom, etc., and people complained that they couldn't hear me. I tried EVERY phone Samsung makes with the same problem! I can plug into ANY other manufacturer's phone and it works fine. Have you noticed anything in that regard with the i730?
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Originally posted by BetaMan
    Hey mwfielder!
    Question:
    I had a problem with my i600 while using a headset OF ANY KIND, earbud, boom, etc., and people complained that they couldn't hear me. I tried EVERY phone Samsung makes with the same problem! I can plug into ANY other manufacturer's phone and it works fine. Have you noticed anything in that regard with the i730?
    I don't really ever use a headset, so I'm not the one to give a good answer. I will say the few times I used the headset on the old i700, people said they heard me fine...

(of course now that the thread is banished to the lounge, you'll never see this post....but at least Sloppy will...)