+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enough already

Mysterious Penguin sloppychachi's Avatar

Enough already

OK, I am getting tired of the moderators being soooo touchy about searching. I am also getting tired of every thread in this place beginning with "I tried searching but..."

Moderators - let's chill with the Search Gestapo.
    Forum Participants - let's search first and then when we enter a thread assume that everyone will have expected you to search.

As a member of the group "Immediately Reduce Unnecessary Wasting of Sentences, Words, and Letters in all Threads Entered on the Site" or IRUWSWLTES, I have to yell at everyone for wasting so much good text on proclaiming their innocence with the pre-search clearance disclaimer as well as moderators extolling the "Search or Die" paradigm of 2005.

Being someone who spends a lot of time moving to the lounge (MEG will vouch for me), let us all work together on building a base of threads that offer good text all the time.

I refer to the Bible in the book of Clemenza, "Leave the Gun, Take the Cannolis" or in other words, "Did anyone find my stylus?"
    Here..maybe... do you smell something fishy?

Thank you. That had to be said. I'm just happy an "insider" said it.
    Michael Hampton

"They" have your stylus, and say you must SEARCH for it!!!!

ah hahahahahaha!

D.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Yet another "lounge" contribution!

SC, you've outdone yourself!

Mark

Answer a man's already answered question - satisfy him for only a thread.
    Teach a man to search a board - he'll teach himself to learn for a lifetime.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

Re: Enough already

Originally posted by sloppychachi
    OK, I am getting tired of the moderators being soooo touchy about searching. I am also getting tired of every thread in this place beginning with "I tried searching but..."

Moderators - let's chill with the Search Gestapo.
    Forum Participants - let's search first and then when we enter a thread assume that everyone will have expected you to search.

As a member of the group "Immediately Reduce Unnecessary Wasting of Sentences, Words, and Letters in all Threads Entered on the Site" or IRUWSWLTES, I have to yell at everyone for wasting so much good text on proclaiming their innocence with the pre-search clearance disclaimer as well as moderators extolling the "Search or Die" paradigm of 2005.

Being someone who spends a lot of time moving to the lounge (MEG will vouch for me), let us all work together on building a base of threads that offer good text all the time.

I refer to the Bible in the book of Clemenza, "Leave the Gun, Take the Cannolis" or in other words, "Did anyone find my stylus?"
    I disagree.

I am glad the mods are taking the time to ask and teach others to search first.

I personally will answer a question the first couple times its aked in DIFFERENT THREADS. However I eventually will stop.

If you think that everyone is going to search now becuse you posted this message you are kidding yourself.

Mods you guys are doing a great job. It hasnt always been like this but the new group of VOLUNTEERS are doing a great job.

First off, I never knew I was an insider... that sounds kind of weird. I always thought I was an outsider looking in at the insiders.

Second, I never thought my thread would do anything but pollute the collection of threads with another wasted thread identifying nothing but more thread waste.

Third, I did not sleep with Angelina Jolie.

Fourth, I love the mods more than you know. I love them so much it hurts. They had me at hello. The way MRailing commands the forum, I feel that Hoosier thrill.

Fifth, I do not love Equus. Ever since he sold me out in Hawaii I couldn't give one good flipper for him.

Sixth, I am shocked this has not yet been moved to the lounge.

Seventh, I love the mods. MWFielder, MEG, and I have spent a lot of time building a page dedicated to all that the mods do...
    http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/n...narcolepsy.htm

Eight, I did sleep with Angelina Jolie but not when I was married to Jen.

Nine, never look directly at Sugar Connie when he is wearing just boxers and a bow tie.

Ten, always remember to take the Cannolis.

Thanks everyone, I am out of here. Please try the veal and remember to tip your waitresses.

How did you get through that whole posting and never once mention your stylus?!!!

I'm astounded!

D.

Fourth, I love the mods more than you know. I love them so much it hurts. They had me at hello. The way MRailing commands the forum, I feel that Hoosier thrill.
    You just made my crappy a$$ day! It sure is nice coming home from working 18 hours straight with only 2 hours sleep and seeing this. You brought a tear to my eye. Now to sleep I go...

By the way I just had to move this one to the Lounge, just because I wanted to move something of yours there. I felt left out being a mod and all...

When are you friggin repainting the lounge? I am sick of sea-foam green!

Man, you wanna hear my gripe? OK, I'll tell you....

I was looking for anudder forum site to be on. Ya know? something to chitchat and talk about things and stuff. I found "The Marriage Bed" forums. Its a Christian based site that is about sexual and other issues within a marriage. Basically, its the "ask for some Christian help about things in your relationship, if you are married, or engaged only" site.

I thought I had found a new site to help people out in. I go to answer a question about fellatio in a married relationship, and within 2 hours, a moderator sends me a message because my signature (the same one I have here), had a link to an LDS website, and they wanted me to remove it. They felt that LDS belief systems didn't fit with "Orthodox Christian" beliefs (and that's a quote). To give a cross section of this website, about 75% are non-denominational, 20% are baptist, and 5% are other (non-LDS).

So, I email her and the main person of the website back, pointing out that what I am pointing to is in the Bible (not LDS doctrine), that I was not, and will not be using LDS doctrine to explain myself, nor my beliefs, nor to help others, and that I didn't not feel it was appropriate to tell me to change the link JUST BECAUSE IT LINKS TO AN LDS WEBSITE.

The board admin emails me back and says, "rules are rules, and some people here are offended by LDS people". His name is Paul, BTW, which I thought was a very funny thing, considering the Biblical Paul was a martyr of Christ, who stood up for his beliefs no matter what local customs told him.

So, I told the Admin that I am sorry, but his need to bend the website to the ideals he believes are Christian is not Christian in its own right, and I would not change my signature line. I told him to martyr his brother, which he happily did.

I will not retaliate, nor be rude, and post there my arguments against their silencing of fellow Christians. I stand for what I believe, and I will stand that way until I die. Its just sad that others feel that they need to do as they did.

Would you do that? Would you tell someone that even though their signature has stuff you believe and agree with, since it comes from a specific site, that its inappropriate?
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Funny, I don't think Prajna would have cared THAT much!

Mark

Originally posted by MEG
    Funny, I don't think Prajna would have cared THAT much!

Mark
    People change.
    Nephi
    "Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever." -- D&C 122:9

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Well, they probably didn't want you on the site, but didn't want to come right out and tell you that. Many Christian circles consider LDS to be one of the cults, along with JW and others. There are many reasons for this, but since this isn't a religion oriented site, I'd rather not take this discussion in that direction (I would be up for chatting with you offline about it, if you wish.. I can certainly give you a different perspective on what you described). It would be analogous to a site intended for Catholics having a rule against linking to other religious sites, and then not allowing a Baptist to link to Baptist sites in their signature.

Taking the religion out of it for a second, you should find out where the rules are posted, and read them. They can do whatever they want of course, but they really shouldn't be randomly singling people out. I had an issue with a Pocket PC forum one time, and I just politely asked them what posted rules I was violating. After a few volleys back and forth, they ended up backing down from their position. They didn't have to, because forums are mostly privately owned and can certainly make up any rules they want, but in that case I was in the right and ended up succeeding. Now if they do have a rule prohibiting linking to LDS sites, then they were in the right to hold you to it... and you were in the wrong for not honoring their request (strictly from a forum administration perspective).
    Mike - Been Converged?

Connie - you are too cool. I hear your voice and I picture this Morgan Freeman, "Everything is going to be okay" type of sound.
    I think you should become a Supreme Court nominee.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Haha. Thats cool... I like Morgan Freeman. But, I'd have to lay out in the sun quite a bit to pass for Morgan. I really liked him in the Shawshank Redemption.
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by Convergent
    Haha. Thats cool... I like Morgan Freeman. But, I'd have to lay out in the sun quite a bit to pass for Morgan. I really liked him in the Shawshank Redemption.
    He did play God in "Bruce Almighty" (Morgan Freeman, not Convergent)

Mark

Originally posted by MEG
    He did play God in "Bruce Almighty" (Morgan Freeman, not Convergent)

Mark
    And he almost made Robin Hood (the Kevin Costner version) worth watching......almost.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Why do I feel like Morgan Freeman could play any role and make it worth watching?

Sugar Connie, just had to ask, when is the new site design being rolled out?